Super Sleeper of the Week! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Super Sleeper of the Week!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Super Sleeper of the Week!

Postby jdogg_ffc » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:30 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen without further ado let me present this weeks sleeper!

And ta da it is Avon Colburne RB from Detroit Lions.

Why?

Stewart is def. out for a while.

Bryson is listed as num. 2 but hasn't looked good so far.

Avon no. 31 ran like the Priest last night gaining 67 yds. on 10 carrys. Also gained 42 yds. on a pass and run play. (longest play in Lion's preseason) face it this team needs help and Mooch will give this guy a shot, I mean what does he have to lose?
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:23 am

Agreed - it would be interesting to see Cobourne get a shot. If he makes as much of his chances when the season begins as he did yesterday, it'll be hard to keep him on the bench... Definitely a situation worth watching!

(see also front page poll)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:03 am

yes, it will be interesting to see how that situation plays out. I wonder if Stewart will ever get his job back.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Arlo » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:14 am

If he only misses three weeks or so, he probably will. If it's more like six, on the other hand, he might have a very hard time...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:23 am

yeah i was thinkin the same thing about cobourne...

ive heard 3-4 weeks on stewart, id think he would get his job back if thats the case.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:43 am

i dont know rumors are that autry denson might also get some touches.........sunday at 4 pm detroit will make its final cuts and give us a better idea of who is there starter......colbourne does have the highest potential if he receives the majority of the carries

Friendliness: %

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:30 pm

Yeah the Lion's haven't had a good FF back since Barry but I do like the Lion's cause their why I got into FF, got sick of watching them lose every week!
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goose » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:19 pm

Mooch can do strange things, but starting a rookie FA? I doubt it. He may get playing time but my guess is that Detroit will scour the waiver wire for help this weekend, throw out some trade offer trial balloons if the waiver wire is unhelpful, and otherwise suck it up for at least the first week to see what they have in Bryson and Denson at home. I mean, c'mon they're playing the Cardinals. If Bryson/Denson cannot impress against them, then each truly is sad.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:28 am

I have been watching Cobourne and he had looked like a pro. I just can’t see Mariucci starting him, though I would love it. What really sucks is I am in a Yahoo league and they don’t have him listed so I couldn’t pick him up. Look for Watson or some other released RB to be added. Also if you have Stew, don’t you wonder why he was being played so much? I think Mooch was trying to see if he had any wheels left. He has looked very slow to me this preseason. Hard to judge the vets though.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:47 am

it doesnt matter who is the "starter" in Detroit,,,,it will be a split carry team you know everybodies fave RBBC.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Next

Return to Football Talk