Biggest jerk in sports - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest jerk in sports

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mrider » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:14 pm

Thats true and is there any hope what so ever they play a game in New Orleans this year.
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:07 pm

mrider wrote:Thats true and is there any hope what so ever they play a game in New Orleans this year.

Was that a question or a statement? :-?

Questions usually come with a squiggly thing with a dot under it at the the end - looks like this ? and is usually referred to as a "question mark". Statements are usually phrased differently than questions...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 am

VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:14 am

I was all readt to nominate Deion or Bonds for this topic... Figured it went a different route.

However, from all that has been reported in the past, I believe Benson could get out of his lease now and New Orleans has little to say about it.

It may take awhile, but if Benson wants them to be the San Antonio Saints, then that may very well be what they are now.

Too bad, that a natural disaster aided a millionaire to do his nasty deed.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mikus » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:36 am

today i heard that what came out last week about benson wanting to move the team to san antonio was just a rumor. that came straight from jim haslett's mouth.

i really hope it is a rumor. benson is flying to new york this week (maybe today) to discuss the team's options with tagliabu. a decision should be rendered about where the team plays this season. the three options, in order of preference: LSU, San Antonio, all road games.

another rumor circulation today was b/c of ted koppel's report last night. apparently, the city is seriously considering demolishing the Dome when the city begins rebuilding. could be used as a bargaining tool with benson, telling him that we would build him his new stadium.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Goatwhacker » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:44 am

Regarding the season tickets - the Saints have a payroll to meet and I doubt the players are going to give up their paychecks. This is just speculation but maybe without the season ticket money the Saints would become insolvent? In that case the season ticket holders would have the choice of going to a different location to watch the Saints or losing the team altogether.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby G0Colts » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:19 am

I think the people of New Orleans have a lot more to worry about than a football team.

This is the U.S.
Owner can move his team where ever he want's to.The owner is the one with the money invested.I think he should be able to what he wants,as far as where the team plays.Like many have stated before,the owner has wanted to move the team for some time now.It is sad.........but it is business.It may be different if all of a sudden the owner wanted to move,but everyone has known for a while that he has wanted to move the team.
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night
G0Colts
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:34 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:Regarding the season tickets - the Saints have a payroll to meet and I doubt the players are going to give up their paychecks. This is just speculation but maybe without the season ticket money the Saints would become insolvent? In that case the season ticket holders would have the choice of going to a different location to watch the Saints or losing the team altogether.

The NFL is a unique entity. Teams make enough from the TV contract that a franchise is a license to print money. The Saints don't need any of the lost revenue that may occur from playing less home games of at a smaller stadium to show a profit.

He can move his team to SA if he chooses. The timing is both very poor and opportunistic. The outdated Superdome is damaged and in need of replacement/refurbishment, plus the city will have absolutely no resources to commit to a stadium project. So Bensen could move out and in years, should the city be recovered financially, the NFL would love to give them a franchise.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby G0Colts » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:32 pm

This idea of the NFL "giving" them a franchise is not going to happen.They can build a stadium and host the Superbowl once in a while.As far as giving them an NFL franchise,expansion is done.At least it should be.The NFL seems to have the perfect amount of teams.Not to many to ruin the game with a bunch of watered down talent.The pairity seems just right.

This is a business sport.....not a pity party
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night
G0Colts
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mikus » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:19 pm

Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk