Biggest jerk in sports - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Biggest jerk in sports

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:40 am

G0Colts wrote:This idea of the NFL "giving" them a franchise is not going to happen.They can build a stadium and host the Superbowl once in a while.As far as giving them an NFL franchise,expansion is done.At least it should be.The NFL seems to have the perfect amount of teams.Not to many to ruin the game with a bunch of watered down talent.The pairity seems just right.

This is a business sport.....not a pity party

Giving them a team doesn't mean the team would have to be an expansion franchise, but a team can relocate as well. It has nothing to do with pity, but with community support. If they will build a new stadium the NFL will be there.
I think that maybe if Benson stays in the Big Easy the city will balk at providing funding for a new stadium, Should Benson move the city might decide it would rather have a team than not and either build a stadium or work something out with a new owner.
I wouldn't rule out expansion, either. It's nothing to do with pity, New Orleans is a traditionally attractive site for the NFL.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk