Week One Defensive Rankings??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week One Defensive Rankings???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:03 pm

wideoutprospector12 wrote:Maybe I am a homer but I like the other side of the Chicago-Wash game. The Bears D has looked great in the preseason. Their secondary is tight, Urlacher is healthy and the Washington offense has proved nothing but impotent thus far.

I'm waffling between starting CHI or STL in Week 1 of my $$$ league. I don't really think either is a bad pick, but I just cannot decide which is the better 1. (leanin towards STL. I don't necessarily think they'll be as good as they were in '03, but I also don't think they'll be as bad as they were last year.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Paladyr » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:29 pm

petedog9 wrote:Wash vs CHI in week one seems like a nice pick too. A rookie QB making his first ever start is sure to throw a few picks....

agreed. Wash. is starting for me week 1!!!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby wideoutprospector12 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:05 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:
wideoutprospector12 wrote:Maybe I am a homer but I like the other side of the Chicago-Wash game. The Bears D has looked great in the preseason. Their secondary is tight, Urlacher is healthy and the Washington offense has proved nothing but impotent thus far.

I'm waffling between starting CHI or STL in Week 1 of my $$$ league. I don't really think either is a bad pick, but I just cannot decide which is the better 1. (leanin towards STL. I don't necessarily think they'll be as good as they were in '03, but I also don't think they'll be as bad as they were last year.)

Homer though I am, I would go with STL over CHI. SF seems to be in for a tough year unless Ratay pulls a rabbit out of his hat.
Smackdown Hotel Champion 2000, 2002, 2005
wideoutprospector12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Dude » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:58 pm

great take on Rattay from the SF Chronicle this morning...

"Bill Walsh once said of Steve DeBerg, "He's just good enough to get you beat." DeBerg was a better quarterback than Rattay."

I'm now leaning STL given the way this thread has gone... deliberation is the best thing we've got in the absense of high quality stats...

The Dude is Out...

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:03 pm

How many TDs did Miami QBs throw to the opposition last year? 8? 12?

Den @ MIA is a better option than Was @ CHI IMO - rookie QB or not.

STL @ SF is still the money pick though...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:05 pm

The_Dude wrote:great take on Rattay from the SF Chronicle this morning...

"Bill Walsh once said of Steve DeBerg, "He's just good enough to get you beat." DeBerg was a better quarterback than Rattay."

I'm now leaning STL given the way this thread has gone... deliberation is the best thing we've got in the absense of high quality stats...

The Dude is Out...

I'm inclined to agree...My only misgivings being:

1.) When Rattay was healthy last year (which admittedly was like a game and a half), he really wasn't that bad.
2.) If things get too out of hand too early I fear "garbage time" may hurt the Rams #s.

That bein' said, I'm pretty sure I'm goin the Rams Route Also. (Their D actually looked pretty good vs. Detroit) <INSERT JOEY HARRINGTON DISCLAIMER HERE>

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:45 am

Didn't realize the Rams were in the equasion, Duder. I like them better in week one. If the Rams start to roll they won't stop. And the 9ers are suseptible to being rolled on.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby The_Dude » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:28 am

moochman wrote:Didn't realize the Rams were in the equasion, Duder. I like them better in week one. If the Rams start to roll they won't stop. And the 9ers are suseptible to being rolled on.

The Dude also did not realize they were in the equation until he realized they were on the wire... like I said - no fantasy prep at all this year.

Its a good thing that I at least knew my stuff enough to get Terrell Davis and Jerry Rice with my top 2 picks. My team pwns! B-)

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:35 am

lmcjaho wrote:How many TDs did Miami QBs throw to the opposition last year? 8? 12?

Den @ MIA is a better option than Was @ CHI IMO - rookie QB or not.

STL @ SF is still the money pick though...

Miami did throw several INT's for TD's...I believe it was 8 last year. They were the ones to play against. I don't think Frerotte is as bad as Fiedler or Feeley, though. Denver will still do well in week 1.

I am sticking with STL. I could see them running up the score like Indy did on Houston last year and then just blitzing like crazy.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ateam » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:18 pm

petedog9 wrote:Wash vs CHI in week one seems like a nice pick too. A rookie QB making his first ever start is sure to throw a few picks....

True.

In addition Bears DEF, is a great pick in same game.

They are going to completely dominate WASH's inept offense.

Book it.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk