Week One Defensive Rankings??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Week One Defensive Rankings???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby devius » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:29 pm

so who would you give the edge to?

cincy vs. cleveland

or

st louis vs. san fran
devius
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:29 pm

ateam wrote:
petedog9 wrote:Wash vs CHI in week one seems like a nice pick too. A rookie QB making his first ever start is sure to throw a few picks....

True.

In addition Bears DEF, is a great pick in same game.

They are going to completely dominate WASH's inept offense.

Book it.

I personally am going to stay away from both teams. I expect a ton of 3 and outs from both teams, so if one offense starts to roll there's going to be problems. I see this going both ways, but I see Washington moving the ball better than Chicago.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

defenses

Postby purestrength » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:31 pm

There's several potentially good middle-tier and lower-tier defenses being mentioned here. ;-D

But I'm surprised that Indy (at Baltimore) and Arizona (at NY Giants) aren't getting much love.

Boller has been playing terrible in the preseason and most of you should remember what Freeney did to Ogden last year. This could be Sack City if Indy jumps out to an early lead and forces the Ravens into catchup mode.

As for the Cards (which I read great things about their speedy D in the preseason), Eli is coming off an injury and I'm still not convinced how poised he is yet.
purestrength
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: defenses

Postby MadScott » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:32 pm

purestrength wrote:There's several potentially good middle-tier and lower-tier defenses being mentioned here. ;-D

But I'm surprised that Indy (at Baltimore) and Arizona (at NY Giants) aren't getting much love.

Boller has been playing terrible in the preseason and most of you should remember what Freeney did to Ogden last year. This could be Sack City if Indy jumps out to an early lead and forces the Ravens into catchup mode.

As for the Cards (which I read great things about their speedy D in the preseason), Eli is coming off an injury and I'm still not convinced how poised he is yet.

Just what I was going to say as well purestrength. I like Indy/AZ and the NYG defenses all this week and I'm fairly certain that they are sitting on your WW right now.

Indy: I really want to give Boller some love but every time I do, he shuns me. I think BALT can run against Indy, but passing is a different story and since fantasy is about sacks and turnovers, I think Indy fits the bill nicely this week.

AZ/NYG: Two offenses that I think are going to struggle early on this year. I look for both defenses that are healthy here to dictate the pace and sack and turnover the opposition a couple of times each.

I think SD may be a good play this week too v. DAL. Bledsoe is younger than Testaverde, but make no mistake, he is not an upgrade. SD has horses to stop the run and Bledsoe is a sitting target in the backfield.

Just a word of caution about the SF/STL matchup, don't forget, that defense is a speed defense made for turf, not necessarily natural grass. Rattay is a pretty decent QB when healthy and while not the most nimble, can certainly avoid the rush. I would look for this game to be a bit more of a shootout than most people will think it is. I don't like the STL defensive play here.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:41 pm

should I start

Atlanta vs Philly

or

Cincy vs Cleveland
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph