I need to play 2 WRs. Here are my options:

Keyshawn Johnson @ CIN
Peerless Price vs. CHI
Andre Davis @ PIT
Help Please

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby JayM09 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:32 am

the smart choice would be to go with Key and price. but i just dont like key and i probably never will (fantasy wise). so i would go with davis and price.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Steeler23 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:35 am

Go with Price with a banged up Chicago secondary. I like Keyshawn, but like the previous poster said, I'm a little vary of his fantasy points. Davis has caught 4 TD's in 3 games.

My pick is Price and ADavis, as well.
Steeler23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:49 am

What about the fact the Key is going to play a weak CIN team? Is that a factor?

Friendliness: %

Postby JayM09 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:56 am

yeah, like i said the smart choice is to go with key, but personally i wouldnt, cause i just dont like him from a fantasy standpoint. my advice to you is to go with him
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Steeler23 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:03 pm

The more I think about this, the more I'd go with Key and Price. I said ADavis earlier, but you're right. Cincy does have a weak secondary. I like what ADavis has done so far, but he is a rookie. A good rookie, but a rookie non-the-less. Finneran looked good against Cincy last week, so Key may just have a good game : ) I'd say at the worst, he'll get 60 yards with no score...at the worst.

Sorry, I should have thought a bit more before replying earlier.
Steeler23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Steeler23 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:07 pm

The more I think about this, the more I'd go with Key and Price. I said ADavis earlier, but you're right. Cincy does have a weak secondary. I like what ADavis has done so far, but he is a rookie. A good rookie, but a rookie non-the-less. Finneran looked good against Cincy last week, so Key may just have a good game : ) I'd say at the worst, he'll get 60 yards with no score...at the worst.

Sorry, I should have thought a bit more before replying earlier.
Steeler23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

WR

Postby DraftDodger » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:26 pm

I doubt that Cinci's weak pass defense is going to be as much of a factor as people are thinking. Smith and Dillon will combine nicely to make it a slow ground game. Most NFL coaches are willing to try and grind it out against each other if the other team doesn't force an aerial assault. My guess is that this will be a low scoring running game. Coaches have a tendency to be more conservative on the road, so that also may factor in towards a ground game.

Moral of the Story: Bench Keyshawn
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby sparky2 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:50 pm

Cincy's pass defense has not given up a 200+ yard game yet. Yet in rushing they have been torched two of three games. Go with Price and Davis, mainly because Pittsburgh's secondary has been scorched for almost 700 yards in two games.
sparky2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Chris_ffc » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:03 pm

Price and Davis. Davis has 4 TD's in 3 games and his numbers continue to rise. Price seems to be Bledsoe's favorite target for the time being and has the numbers to prove it. As long as Cincy's ground defense continues to get punished, there will not be a need for Key as much in that game. I don't like Key fantasy wise either. A 1,000 yard receiver is great and all but, he's got to get in the endzone more than once! I would put him as one of the most over-rated WR in the fantasy game.
Chris_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk