The BUS Rumor - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The BUS Rumor

Moderator: Football Moderators

The BUS Rumor

Postby CoachAub » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:07 am

Rumor has it, (started with Myron Cope I hear) that Jerome Bettis may be traded to the Detroit Lions. Can anyone confirm that talks were made or anything regarding this? Since James Stewart is injured and out for maybe 6 weeks, they say the Bills were also contacted about Olandis Gary as well.
Bettis did not play in last night's preseason game and that has increased the speculation in this topic.
Let me know what you know or just your thoughts on this. Thanks.
***Coach Aub***
GSL Norris @ Fanball's Exit42
Zealots-Z28 Eagles
CoachAub
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:09 am

As a Jerome Bettis owner, I am happy with this news. IT would be nice for him to get a starting spot.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:10 am

I know the Lions are really hurting at RB, but I don't see Bettis as the kind of back that they would be looking for.

With the West Coast offense, I would think they would want a speedy back instead of the "Bus".
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:17 am

maybe they will give washington a pick for watson? :-)

i can hope cant i?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:41 am

How interesting, that would boost both Bettis and Zero's value, however it would hert the Steelers to let him go at this point.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby awwchrist » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:44 am

LOL ok two threads with two teams, two RBs being traded to Detroit just this morning.

I would have to image first Shawn Bryson has GOT to be nowhere near capable of starting if they really are looking to trade for an interim starter.

As well...if they are looking to trade and can't secure anyone..then James Stewart just may indeed be a better FF option than most people are assuming this season. Alot of reports had him sharing carries and touches...but if he goes down and coaches dont trust the others to take the workload...I mean hellooo?

And I can't imagine Bettis being traded. Ever.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:20 pm

maybe they will give washington a pick for watson?

i can hope cant i?

yeah i also heard watson and betts were on the trading block.. being a canidate owner i hope they trade one of them.

Friendliness: %

Postby moochman » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:20 am

The last info I’ve heard from the Lions’ camp is that they will probably pick up someone from the waiver wire, maybe Watson or one of the Bills Rbs. Trades are pretty rare in the NFL and I don’t see the Lions wanting to give up draft picks. Remember it isn’t as if they had high expectations for this season. The word is that Stew will not require surgery and is hopefully going to be able to come back after the bye (week 6). Watch out for Avon Cobourne. If they give him a chance he may pan out. Perfect size(5-10ish and 210ish) and has performed well in the preseason. I'd love to see him get a opportunity.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:26 am

watson was cut so hopefully, canidates value goes up a lot... i really dont see mccollough and betts taking to many carries from trung... plus spurrier named trung the starter.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:15 am

EatMyShorts092 wrote:watson was cut so hopefully, canidates value goes up a lot... i really dont see mccollough and betts taking to many carries from trung... plus spurrier named trung the starter.

betts, morton, and mccullough arent so much ready to take trungs job, but they will take carries...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk