Andre Johnson.. ranked high but what has he really done? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Andre Johnson.. ranked high but what has he really done?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tanner » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:04 am

good wr, wrong team..
carr has 6 ints in preseason to go along with a passer rating somewhere around 35..
i posted this somewhere else back in july, and believe it even more today..the Texans are going to implode this year..
Davis is WAY overrated..he might be good, but to put him in the top 5-10 in the RB category is lunacy..I prefer proven rb's in the top 5-10..not 1 year wonders..the o-line is worse than last year..carr has gone backwards this year..the coaching staff is on a short leash..just doesn't look good in houston..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Favreboy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:59 am

AJ is quite possibly the most overrated player in fantasy football in opinion. look at his log from last year. he had 6 TD's, 2 in one game, so he went 11 games without scoring a TD, he also had 10 games last year that he didn't even get 80 receiving yards. imo, he's nothing more than a number 3 WR, especially with the surrounding Houston offense
Favreboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby BigMusky » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:07 pm

I drafted both him and Ward as my #2 and #3. Currently I am packaging them together and offering them for any top receiver. They do have some name recognition that will draw some trade value. If I can not move them though I will be very upset.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Paladyr » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:36 pm

I agree. I only would've taken him had he fallen 1 or 2 rounds, which he did not. Instead I grabbed Reggie Wayne.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:02 pm

Its his 3rd year in the league. The texans have been steadily improving as a team. Corey Bradford is a decent option, jerome mathis is a decent option. Carr should become a better quarterback. DD is a great RB to take the pressure off. He's worth it as a guy to take a minor chance on.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby PuntinFool » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:13 pm

Well, I'm glad that other people are seeing what I'm seeing. I ended up drafting him my #1 without thinking too much about it, and now I've seen my mistake.

With Wayne you've got a very capable QB throwing to him, so he should be ranked higher. Ward, though having an off year, has a steady QB who no longer has Plaxico to throw to. I suppose he's as risky as AJ, but he at least has more cred. Jackson is steadily productive, and with K-Rob gone, he'll get the ball from the inconsistent but effective Hasselbeck.

As the points before have illustrated, AJ has a lot working against him. I don't see what those 'experts' were thinking, even if he's a very talented player.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Paladyr » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:26 pm

I think the experts are just telling people what they want to hear. Their predictions aren't much better than what you get here (arguably worse).

I'd actually rank Ward behind AJ though, Big Ben was lucky last year, this year I think he's going to suck donkey ballz, and that will affect ward.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby G0Colts » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:36 pm

Now I see why AJ fell in the drafts this year so much.I'm glad a lot are thinking he will be a bust.I'm not one of them.The ONLY problem AJ has had is the offense wouldn't go deep very often last year.When they go deep,AJ makes a play.I beleive the offense relized their mistake last year and will give AJ some deep shots.It is so strange how teams with great talent at WR don't go deep more often.When you have a Moss or an AJ....etc....why not take 2-3 plays per half and go for the bomb.It's a jump ball and if you have the likes of of Moss or AJ,take a shot.Most corners don't have a chance to out jump them for the ball.

I think AJ breaks out this year,if given the chance.
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night
G0Colts
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Paladyr » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:43 pm

G0Colts wrote:Now I see why AJ fell in the drafts this year so much.I'm glad a lot are thinking he will be a bust.I'm not one of them.The ONLY problem AJ has had is the offense wouldn't go deep very often last year.When they go deep,AJ makes a play.I beleive the offense relized their mistake last year and will give AJ some deep shots.It is so strange how teams with great talent at WR don't go deep more often.When you have a Moss or an AJ....etc....why not take 2-3 plays per half and go for the bomb.It's a jump ball and if you have the likes of of Moss or AJ,take a shot.Most corners don't have a chance to out jump them for the ball.

I think AJ breaks out this year,if given the chance.

They need time in the pocket to do that :-P.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:51 pm

Also - AJ isnt a deep threat WR like Moss - he is more of a classic possession WR like a Harrison.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk