3rd pick - who would you take? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3rd pick - who would you take?

Moderator: Football Moderators

3rd pick - who would you take?

Postby Len351 » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:17 pm

Faulk and Warner are definitely gone. Who would you pick? There's 12 teams and we have to start:

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
1 K
1 D

This is a new thing for my league because last year we had 10 people and we were allowed 3 WR. I was looking at 3 players - Ahman Green, Shaun Alexander, or Terrell Owens - because the WR position is going to be slim now. My draft is tomorrow night. Right now I'm leaning towards Green. I could use some advice.
Len351
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Ethical » Mon Aug 19, 2002 10:28 pm

Take either Green or Alexander. Personally, I don't think there will be much difference between the two. But, most rankings I've seen have Alexander above Green. I wouldn't worry about Owens with that spot. The wide reciever pool is much deeper than running back. You can still get good receivers in later rounds.
The Ethical
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

3rd Pick

Postby DraftDodgers » Tue Aug 20, 2002 1:38 am

Green all the way. Alexander "may" be the better back, but you can't ignore strength of schedule. Some people argue that Holmes will have a better year than either of them ... but would you want to pass Green to an opponent? I wouldn't.

In any game that Green Bay's receivers are healthy (and granted that may be the odd game), the defense will be spread so thin that Green will get 10 yards before he even starts running. I just see a win/win scenario for Green right now. If the WRs are healthy, they will spread the defense. If they're not healthy, the workload will fall on Green. Either way it looks to be a good situation.
DraftDodgers

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk