Postby GotWet » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:27 pm

Taylor has undeniably got the job.
GotWet
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who’s #2 in Minnesota

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:02 am

GotWet wrote:Taylor has undeniably got the job.

I think there is no "definitive" #2 WR in Minny right now. Taylor and Mrob are both gonna see time at that spot. If one distinguishes himself, he'll get more PT.

H**l, the guy (whichever it is) that ends lining up the #3 slot (which I expect The Vikes to use A LOT of 3WR sets this season) may actually put up as good if not better numbers than the "2". We are dealing with Tice after all. The next time he makes up his mind will be the first time.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

taylor going down

Postby sck_owner » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:06 am

;-D I dont think taylor will get the start, think there going to go into the season with Robinson as there #2. what happens once the season starts is a whole nother story
sck_owner
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:18 am

I strongly believe going in the season Robinson (not Koren) will be the number 2, its after the first game(s) that either Taylor or Williamson will get the spot but something would have to happen to Marcus before that though
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:14 am

Without Moss the Minnesota offense's landscape has changed, but I wouldn't be surprised for Taylor to play a role similiar to Burleson last year. I don't think he'll replicate the numbers, but he should see time as the #2 with Robinson getting plenty of looks and having big games from time to time.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:46 am

Who's MIN's #2? Why thats obvious... Its Wiggins.

Cpepp threw over 70% of his passes 10 yds out or less last yr. Considering how his completion % plummets between 10-40 yds, I expect more of the same which means Wiggins should be very close to leading the team in receptions.

Does anyone else find it amuzing to see MIN grasping at straws in attempts to replace Moss? MRob, KRob, Bust - er - I mean Williamson. :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby defianthart » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:40 am

so where is krob in all of this?
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:50 am

right now koren is nowhere.

if he steps into the #2 slot, it will take him proving himself and, even given ideal conditions, would not be until week 5. my real guess is that he won't make the #2 wr this year at all, though.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:32 am

Taylor and MRob can be considered Viking's starting WRs, simply because they will run a lot of 3 Wide sets. And in 2 WR sets, I expect the two players to be rotated regularily. Williamson should work himself into the lineup going into the season, but I see little chance he will start at all over Taylor and/or Robinson. Should see some playing time ala Kelly Campbell in previous years.

Fantasy value, I see Marcus Robinson as more of a low reception guy/ high TD guy (being a redzone target and down the field threat because of his size and speed). He should score as much if not more TDs than Taylor... But at the same time I see Taylor on the field for a few more snaps, catching a lot more passes, and gaining a lot more yards than MRob. I think Taylor is the guy you want to draft in fantasy leagues simply because the pricetag is a last round pick and he has a great chance to crack 1,000 yards in that offense IMO. Could work himself into a nice #3 fantasy WR, and even a fantasy #2 if MRob manages to injure himself like he usually does at some point.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk