Who's #2 in Minnesota? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who's #2 in Minnesota?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who’s #2 in Minnesota

Postby The_Dude » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:49 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
GotWet wrote:Taylor has undeniably got the job.

I think there is no "definitive" #2 WR in Minny right now. Taylor and Mrob are both gonna see time at that spot. If one distinguishes himself, he'll get more PT.

H**l, the guy (whichever it is) that ends lining up the #3 slot (which I expect The Vikes to use A LOT of 3WR sets this season) may actually put up as good if not better numbers than the "2". We are dealing with Tice after all. The next time he makes up his mind will be the first time.

Taylor is listed on the depth chart as #2, but Kilroy has got it right. They run a lot of 3 WR sets, and so time will tell who the #2 is... throwing Butterfingers Robinson into the mix complicates the situation even more. The only safe pick for fantasy production on this team at WR is Burelson. One of the other guys will emerge, but we've yet to see who.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:15 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Who's MIN's #2? Why thats obvious... Its Wiggins.

Cpepp threw over 70% of his passes 10 yds out or less last yr. Considering how his completion % plummets between 10-40 yds, I expect more of the same which means Wiggins should be very close to leading the team in receptions.

Does anyone else find it amuzing to see MIN grasping at straws in attempts to replace Moss? MRob, KRob, Bust - er - I mean Williamson. :-b
I disagree.

With the return of Jim Kliensasser Wiggins will see less playing time. Jimmy is like another lineman in there and with the way our line has been playing we need quality blockers in in all situations. Wiggins most likely will be in on a lot of passing downs, but I see him and Jimmy being rotated a lot during the season. And I see no way that Loney will go with 2 TE spots when we have all the WR talent that we do.

I still say Travis Taylor has the most value right now, as he has the biggest chance of having a high yards and TD total. Robinson will probably end up with a good amount of TDs, but probably no more than 600 yards. IMO, Troy Williamson isn't worth anything in any non-dynasty leagues, or keeper leagues in which you keep 5+ players. And that's coming from a University of South Carolina fan and a student at Troy's high school. (Yeah, I like throwing that in there :-D ).
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby petedog9 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:49 pm

There are alot of people real sure of their predictions. The only thing I can predict with Minn is EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED! This is Mike Tice we are talking about. The biggest idiot to ever coach a football team. How this man is a coach is beyond me. I dont beleive they would have signed Koren to a 2 year deal with all of his baggage unless he was going to have a role in this offense as replacing Moss as the deep threat. JMHO
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:51 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote:

Cpepp threw over 70% of his passes 10 yds out or less last yr. Considering how his completion % plummets between 10-40 yds, I expect more of the same which means Wiggins should be very close to leading the team in receptions.

Does anyone else find it amuzing to see MIN grasping at straws in attempts to replace Moss? MRob, KRob, Bust - er - I mean Williamson. :-b
I disagree.

With the return of Jim Kliensasser Wiggins will see less playing time. Jimmy is like another lineman in there and with the way our line has been playing we need quality blockers in in all situations. Wiggins most likely will be in on a lot of passing downs, but I see him and Jimmy being rotated a lot during the season. And I see no way that Loney will go with 2 TE spots when we have all the WR talent that we do.

Kleinsasser as a blocking TE will probably get used mostly as a run blocker. So Wiggins wouldn't get the ball anyways in that situation. Plus, its not like they can't put Klein at FB and Wiggins at TE.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:54 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
M_Zimm_ffc wrote:

I disagree.

Kleinsasser as a blocking TE will probably get used mostly as a run blocker. So Wiggins wouldn't get the ball anyways in that situation. Plus, its not like they can't put Klein at FB and Wiggins at TE.

Going back and looking at preseason numbers, it appears Zimm is correct in that they really didnt go to Wiggins hardly at all.

Similarly - there is almost virtually no discrepancy between TTaylor and MRob in terms of catches this preseason - it appears both are targeted as frequently as the other. Basically this means both should be discounted in fantasy rankings.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:33 pm

In reference to the idea of putting him at FB, the same arguement about going with two TEs would apply to having him at FB; there's no reason Tice would take WRs off the field for him when he could just play him at his native position - TE.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby DrHydeAndSeek MD » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:31 pm

*THE SHORT ANSWER
Taylor is no. 2

*THE LONG ANSWER
The Vikings are trying to adequately replace the best receiver in the league Randy Moss. That is no easy task.
Originally I think the Vikings thought that Williamson (1st round pick 2005) or Taylor (1st round pick 2000) would step in as No. 2 opposite Burleson and be a dominant threat. Neither Williamson nor Taylor have proven they are "that guy".

Taylor won the no. 2 role, but he is not the long term answer for this club. Williamson may be the answer, but it won't be this year. Williamson is simply NOT ready!
So the Vikings went out and made a high risk/high reward deal to bring in Koren Robinson.

KoRo is not going to get anything handed to him. Taylor has the No. 2 slot. However if KoRo returns to his former 2002 self, he will move up the no. 2 spot, and then the Vikings have created once again one of the most deadly receiving corps in the league.
If Koro tanks... it is no great loss to the organization.

Right Now Minnesota looks like this,

No. 1 Burleson
No. 2 Taylor
No. 3 M. Robinson/ K. Robinson
No. 4 Williamson

The Question now should be, which Robinson gets cut first?
DrHydeAndSeek MD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:16 pm

I think Kensat hit the nail on the head.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk