Gary? Bettis? How about Hearst to Detroit - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Gary? Bettis? How about Hearst to Detroit

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gary? Bettis? How about Hearst to Detroit

Postby Goose » Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:25 pm

Anybody think that the first call Detroit makes regarding possible trade fodder isn't to SF? I am sure Mooch would love to be reunited with old buddy Garrison Hearst, who SF is likely to move out at season end anyway.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:13 pm

that would make sense, it's a possibility. I heard they aren't so sold on Barlow yet, though. Apparently he can't pass protect.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Goose » Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:52 pm

True on Barlow. But there are millions of reasons (literally, millions) SF would want to move Hearst for something rather than lose him at year end for nothing.

Perhaps SF first needs to ensure that Barlow and FB Fred Beasley will attend mandatory "Kumbaya" sessions to become better buddies.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Watson

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:43 pm

With the release of K Watson from Washington, I have to believe that Detroit will jump all over him. He should fit their system.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby TheGZA » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:25 am

brdmaverick wrote:that would make sense, it's a possibility. I heard they aren't so sold on Barlow yet, though. Apparently he can't pass protect.

i have read the same, and on top of that if they didn't intend on giving hearst alot of work i'm sure they would have been looking to move him and his bigtime salary....if mooch got hearst, i would think stewart becomes an afterthought at that point.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:04 am

The Gary trade moots this, but Detroit DID inquire about Hearst's availability and were told no. SF apparently is not 100% sold that Barlow is ready to carry the load alone. He may be named "starter" to soothe his ego, but Hearst's failure to be moved to Detroit signals a lot.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk