Return to Football Talk

Superdome could be history!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Superdome could be history!?

Postby SniperShot » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:26 pm

CNN wrote:Louisiana likely to destroy Superdome, state official says
http://www.cnn.com

I could see this coming.

Just the thought of 10,000 people living there for 3 days with no sewage gives me the shivers. 8-o

So if the superdome goes down the toilet than what for the Saints? Would they simply move to another city like the Baltimore Colts or the Titans from Houston? Unlike those teams which moved for money and audience and ratings and stuff. Saints move would be a forced one which I think would feel odd I don't know why. Also if they do move what lucky city would they move to? I know this is all a longshot at this point but I love predicting the distant future.
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Superdome could be history!?

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:45 pm

SniperShot wrote:

I could see this coming.

Just the thought of 10,000 people living there for 3 days with no sewage gives me the shivers. 8-o

So if the superdome goes down the toilet than what for the Saints? Would they simply move to another city like the Baltimore Colts or the Oilers from Houston? Unlike those teams which moved for money and audience and ratings and stuff. Saints move would be a forced one which I think would feel odd I don't know why. Also if they do move what lucky city would they move to? I know this is all a longshot at this point but I love predicting the distant future.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:59 pm

Raze the Roof.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:14 pm

SniperShot wrote:

I could see this coming.

So if the superdome goes down the toilet than what for the Saints? Would they simply move to another city like the Baltimore Colts or the Titans from Houston? Unlike those teams which moved for money and audience and ratings and stuff. Saints move would be a forced one which I think would feel odd I don't know why. Also if they do move what lucky city would they move to? I know this is all a longshot at this point but I love predicting the distant future.

This could be a financial catastrophe for the City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana in the long term.

-The Saints would almost surely leave
-What about the Sugar Bowl? The Super Bowl Rotation?

We're talkin' about billions in lost revenue to an economy that Katrina has already brought to its knees.

If it has to be torn down, It has to be torn down. However, they better have a plan to build some sort of new stadium, or the Louisiana Economy is just going to get salt rubbed in its already gaping wound.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Reincry » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:08 am

Last rumor I heard was they were moving to San Antonio.

There was a thread here on it too I believe.

Who knows.

I know the Sugar Bowl is hosed this year along with NFL, but after things settle down, who knows.
Reincry
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby agchris02 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:34 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
SniperShot wrote:

I could see this coming.

This could be a financial catastrophe for the City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana in the long term.

We're talkin' about billions in lost revenue to an economy that Katrina has already brought to its knees.

If it has to be torn down, It has to be torn down. However, they better have a plan to build some sort of new stadium, or the Louisiana Economy is just going to get salt rubbed in its already gaping wound.

The money lost from lack of supder dome revenue is neglible compared to what is being lost from the ports being closed and toursim in general. That aside, IF they rebuild new orleans, im sure a stadium will come too.
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:40 am

Hmm, the guy who runs the Superdome says this is idiotic and the building is structurally stable.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:59 am

They really need to rebuild, did anyone see the interview of the guy walking around the stadium showing the damage? OMG!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:17 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:

They've already had the financial catastrophe and the lost revenue from the Saints is a drop in the bucket. There are discussions starting now on what to do with New Orleans - some are saying leave the lower-lying areas underwater and keep only the historic areas. There is a very good chance NO will never be the same. Many of the people who have left will never come back.

If NO is to be built with federal money with everybody's taxes, a stadium should be low priority. Maybe this sounds harsh, but people are talking like there is an endless flow of money. Even if it were to be restored, a levee system adequate to protect against another class 4 hurricane is thought to take 30 years to complete. We should not rebuild a city only to put it in harm's way again.

I know the Saints owner isn't very popular, but he needs to do what it takes to keep his franchise alive because he may not have a New Orleans to go back to.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:48 am

I think im correct in saying that the city partly funded the team to begin with. So it may have been a loss leader anyway.

I would like to see the pics of the damage to the dome, I cant believe its enough to warrant tearing it down.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Next

Return to Football Talk