Superdome could be history!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Superdome could be history!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Teh Jury » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:18 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Hmm, the guy who runs the Superdome says this is idiotic and the building is structurally stable.

However they would also want to rebuild it, not for the structure alone, but because of the things that took place inside the building, ie. suicides. They may just opt for a clean slate.
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:21 am

From what I saw:

An entire new surface is needed, there is a couple of inches of water down now, with huge puddles at some spots. Not to mention the mounds of trash that were on the field.

Tons of railings were ripped out of the ground!

The hallways and bathrooms were overflowed with sewage and trash.

There is also two huge holes in the roof of the dome. The one inspector said a whole new roof would be needed!
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby AsianChexMix » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:21 am

Guttpuppy wrote:Raze the Roof.

i don't know if that was a bump or just saying that but i laughed at that notion. hahaha. pretty funny. anyway, back to the topic. is the building damaged? if its damaged, then yes they should repair it. if it means taking down the thing, then sure lets go for it. Teh Jury made a good point too. They want a clean slate and i think it would help them return to normal although it is very hard to.
AsianChexMix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby RugbyD » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:52 am

level it for the sole reason that turf is evil and has no place in sports aside from practice fields.
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:07 am

I actually thought the turf there was better than say in St.Louis or Minnesota. I think San Antonio would be a good bet but New Orleans really needs the money from a football team than San Antonio which already has a top tier basketball team...
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby The_Dude » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:32 am

My gut instinct tells me that bringing the Saints back to N.O. will be a key part of the rebuilding of the city - a morale thing, so to speak. For that reason, I think the suggestion that they will be permanently moved won't ever even be a consideration. They may play the entire year in San Antonio, or what NFL.com suggested this morning was Baton Rouge, but the Saints will end up marching home when this is all said and done.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby josebach » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:42 am

The_Dude wrote:My gut instinct tells me that bringing the Saints back to N.O. will be a key part of the rebuilding of the city - a morale thing, so to speak. For that reason, I think the suggestion that they will be permanently moved won't ever even be a consideration. They may play the entire year in San Antonio, or what NFL.com suggested this morning was Baton Rouge, but the Saints will end up marching home when this is all said and done.

Don't count on it. The owner's suite was totally trashed. It's kind of like having a car stolen. Once it's stolen, you really don't want it back. You just feel violated.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby GameDay_Zombies » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:46 am

I have also heard reports that the saints could permanently reside in san antonio.
GameDay_Zombies
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 40)

Postby SniperShot » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:47 am

And what if the cost to repair will be more than rebuilding the entire place? If they tare it down I doubt it would be rebuilt meaning the saints would have to move. But who really knows it's at least a year away..
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby WharfRat » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:11 am

Teh Jury wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Hmm, the guy who runs the Superdome says this is idiotic and the building is structurally stable.

However they would also want to rebuild it, not for the structure alone, but because of the things that took place inside the building, ie. suicides. They may just opt for a clean slate.

The guy who runs the place may also realizes how much it could effect his personal income if they rebuild a new 'Dome. And if you're the team, do you really want a haunted stadium?

I'd also thought the Saints were considering moving anyway, BEFORE the hurricane slammed their city...?

Definitely agree that the return of the Saints could be a morale booster, a la the return of baseball after 9-11. As an economic booster there are far more important things that impact both NO and the rest of the country a LOT more than Saints football.
WharfRat
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk