Dillon or Portis - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dillon or Portis

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dillon or Portis

Postby CINuts » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:34 pm

I've got a tough game this week and need some advice. Is Portis finally going to be prime time this week? He's obviously got the goods and if he gets a good feed of carries and doesn't fumble early to get yanked he should do well this weekend. Dillon is normally an everyday starter for me but against the Bucs I just don't see his numbers improving. FYI my other Back is Shaun Alexander and despite him killing me so far I figure he's a must start against the vikings. Any one with real insight into the Denver RB situation your advice would be greatly appreciated. -Thanx!
CINuts
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:07 pm

i would go with portis considering that gary still is a little hobbled, even if he does play, i dont think he will be effective. i also think that TB will stuff dillon and i really dont like his chances of producing points this week.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sparky2 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:45 pm

Go with Portis as Gary is hurting. As for Alexander, that is a very intriguing situation. The Vikes held ATrain and Travis Henry to under 100 yards but turned Lamar Smith loose for 100+ yards. Go figure.
sparky2
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 27, 2002 9:32 pm

Baltimore's D ain't what it was but in two games they haven't given up a 100 yd.rushing game to anyone(L.Smith-84,M.Pittman-58)Clint Portis,meet Ray Lewis.Lewis and his LB crew will strike fear in the heart of the rook.Alexander breaks out this week.Tampa Bay's D is good but McCallister ran for 100+ on'em.Dillon is certainly as good a back as Deuce,& he's all they have,Dillon(rungame) will have to be established to take some heat off of Akili Smith.He's the best offensive weapon for the Bengals,he will get the ball often.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Return to Football Talk