The Putz in Week 1--What to Expect? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The Putz in Week 1--What to Expect?

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Putz in Week 1--What to Expect?

Postby Chaucer » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:44 am

I've been puzzling over this one. Putzier is still #2 on the Denver depth chart, but the word is that Shanahan will use a lot of two TE sets, so he'll be on the field a lot. I also think this could all be a Shanny smoke screen, and that Putzier will see more time than Alexander.

I like his value long term this season. What do ya'll think about short term? :-?
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:58 am

They didn't pay him a heck of a lot just to sit him. He was a RFA got offered a nice contract which the broncos matched. He's the best receiver at the TE pos for them. I like him short term.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:11 am

Last season Putzier caught for something like 600 yards and 2 TDs. That's top8 yardage numbers. At the same time, Patrick Hape caught for like 80 yards and 4 TDs, with all of TDs coming in the redzone.

The Bronco's cut Hape earlier this offseason, but they now have Stephen Alexander slated as the starter in at TE... Very muddled situation, but most expect Putzier to emerge as the most viable fantasy TE in Denver.

Tough to predict what Putzier will do yardage wise, but I find it hard to believe he will score less TDs than last season without a redzone TE on the roster. Could be a Dallas Clark/Marcus Pollard type situation with a much smaller pie being divied up... 300/3, 400/4, 500/5 who knows how big of a chunk Putzier is capable of.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk