Jets to lean on CMart. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jets to lean on CMart.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jets to lean on CMart.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:48 pm

Dave Hutchinson, Star Ledger

It's likely HC Edwards will lean on RB Curtis Martin even more than usual, at least until Testaverde gets in rhythm with the offense. And that could take as long as four weeks, OC Paul Hackett said. The Jets have a bye in Week 5.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby brdmaverick » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:07 pm

yes, unfortunately the rest of the league knows about this as well, and will stack the line until Vinny shows he can get the job done.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ousmagic » Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:15 pm

ya im not that high on curtis martin if they give him a huge workload he will probably get hurt
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:40 pm

I think C-Mart will do alot better than people think this year. I don't understand some biases that form against certain players if you look at things objectively.

I see alot of people writing about how certain players (Marshall for example) are going to make a great comeback this year "because he's healthy again". That sounds so frickin stupid. Wasn't he healthy last year too? While other players who are healthy (such as Martin, Taylor) have been really badmouthed for fantasy purposes. I know Taylor has an injury history but Martin does not. Yet he's viewed as an injury issue.

Isn't everyone who gets injured "healthy" to start the year? Both Martin and Faulk are equally healthy this year as they were last year. Both got hurt last year and both were healthy to start. I know all things being the same Marshall has much more fantasy value. But that aside, what's the crap about one guy being healthy and the other viewed as an injury case. I got Martin as a 3rd running back which I think is a steal.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby MCG321 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:10 am

The more they run the ball, the more touches Lamont Jordan will get. He may get a few extra carries since C-Mart is getting pretty old.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:17 am

I don't think people are passing on Martin because he is an injury case. I think it's because he will have to carry the offense, and with everyone on the D focusing on him, I am just not sure that he can get it done.

But you're right, even before the Pennington injury, Martin was dropping in the rankings. A little of that has to do with the emerging Lamont Jordan, but I think a lot has to do wiht the fact that Martin is not a flashy player. He won't get those 152 yd, 2 TD games. He is a consistent player, but people like game breakers (Why else would Shaun Alexander be going so high?).
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:40 am

I could've sworn we've gone through this awhile ago when I posted other RB's ages,,,some who are a year older and some who are the same age as Curtis,,,.....is 30,,Faulk 30,,S.Davis 29 C.Dillon.,29,,and EVERYBODY'S FAVE Priest Holmes is 30 so enough of the "he's getting old" cuz they're all gettin' old if you don't think he is gonna produce then let it be but leave the damn getttin old excuse for when you feel stiff in the morning cuz you played a pickup game the day before.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby TheGZA » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:27 am

hes a workhorse, but will only be able to take so much as teams stack the box against him and dare vinny to beat them through the air...this could mean alot more lamont jordan as well once c-mart starts wearing down, and herm is going to do whatever he can to keep martin healthy this season....
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nsulham » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:53 am

I'd have to agree with GZA here. Have you seen Vinny in preseason? :-P And you can't even use the preseason excuse either. He was horrible in the games before CPenn replaced him.

The guy's obviously finished. With that said, defenses will indeed key on CMart and dare Vinny to beat them which flat out WILL NOT happen. I think Azrael having CMart as a #3 back is great, he's a steal as a #3 but as a #2, I'll pass.
nsulham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mudd » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:58 pm

I think the real question at QB is how long until Jamie Martin takes over, and how successful he can be. By the looks of Vinny, the sooner Martin's in there, the better for the Jets.

I just avoided everything about them in my drafts this year.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk