Something stinks in this league!!!! NEED HELP, PLEASE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Something stinks in this league!!!! NEED HELP, PLEASE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BeefSandwiches » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:33 pm

macca wrote:They are all friends and family. The problem is that my friend is the one getting screwed over by THEIR accident. Everyone else got their picks, except for my friend. By the way, thank you for the responses.

Unless they weren't sure what was going to happen when they shut the modem off, the accident was beyond their control as well. Had the Internet not gone down, your friend wouldn't have gotten those picks anyway so he should move on and begin regretting the decision of Holt at the beginning of the second round. ;-7
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."
- Homer J. Simpson
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby macca » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:37 pm

BeefSandwiches wrote:
macca wrote:They are all friends and family. The problem is that my friend is the one getting screwed over by THEIR accident. Everyone else got their picks, except for my friend. By the way, thank you for the responses.

Unless they weren't sure what was going to happen when they shut the modem off, the accident was beyond their control as well. Had the Internet not gone down, your friend wouldn't have gotten those picks anyway so he should move on and begin regretting the decision of Holt at the beginning of the second round. ;-7

Guys, I appreciate the responses. While I don't agree with some of them, I appreciate them. The league has put it to a vote, so I'll come back and post the outcome when it is decided. Thanks again, Cafe. ;-D
macca
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby caneblood » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:09 pm

Poor commissioning.

After the computer picked Green and Vick, both guys said they didn't take those picks. The commish should have paused the draft right there or told others to hold off on drafting. As it is you HAVE to go back and redraft.

I understand if they got two actual 1st rounders, your friend would have some semblance of an argument but there's just no way that you give guys Green and Vick in the 1st. Yeah your friend showed his hand but chances are at least one of Randy or TO would have been taken ahead of him legitimately. Just suck it up and move forward.

In fact use this to his advantage. Now that more receivers will go early he can get a better RB. Julius Jones will be a beast this year. I have him in both my leagues.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby spodog » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:47 pm

Another vote cast for Live drafts. Online drafts = you get out what you put in.

Too many variables in an online draft. If league owners can't be physically together then set up a chat room or set up a conference call or something to allow the owners to make decisions. Anytime you turn the decision making over to a computer, look out.

I'd redraft in a different draft format.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:26 am

macca wrote:Guys, I appreciate the responses. While I don't agree with some of them, I appreciate them. The league has put it to a vote, so I'll come back and post the outcome when it is decided. Thanks again, Cafe. ;-D

A league vote sounds like the best way to go. That's how my league would handle this, at any rate. (Incidentally, the commish would lose on a tie in this case - that's somthing that has served us very well in the past.)

The bottom line is probably what Matthias, Paladyr, et al. said: it shouldn't be a big issue. Hold the vote, and then get back to focusing on who to start in week 1. :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk