Playing Dirty or Playing Fair? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Playing Dirty or Playing Fair?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playing Dirty or Playing Fair?

Postby GoGoBoSox » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:54 pm

I am in a league with a few buddys of mine where there is a $50 buy in. That means $500 cash for the winner. I dont even know why half of them signed up because they have no idea what they are doing. My team is much better than most of everyone and we havent even finished our teams. Take a look at the 1st round of our draft to get the jist of idiocy in our league. (I got the 1st pick)
1. Tomlinson
2. Manning
3. Alexander
4. CPep
5. McNabb
6. Holmes
7. Dillon
8. Martin
9. Bulger
10. Moss

Some bone-head picks worth mentioning:
Brady and Trent Green in the 2nd, and NE Def in the 3rd

Now, do I alienate my college buddys and take their money with lop sided trades to ensure the championship and collect the cash?Or just ride my team out as is, and be at least one of the top 3 teams?
GoGoBoSox
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:35 pm

500 dollars cash money! defintely take it!!!
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ny_giants77 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:33 pm

Take it, your just winning a game that everyone entered knowing they could lose money.
ny_giants77
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby macaday » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:18 pm

As long as you didn't set them up ("well, you've never played before, so here's a tip... Good defenses are hard to find, take at least 2 in the first few rounds") take the money. They had their chance. They could've just drafted (or autodrafted) from the yahoo or ESPN rankings and your team couldn't exist.
PTSF!
macaday
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Team Hollywood » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:18 am

I've seen MUCH worse drafts than this. If all your TD's are equal value OR you start 2 qb's, then this isn't a bad draft what so ever.

That's funny, you make 1 pick and you think your a lock.
Team Hollywood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Teh Jury » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:38 am

To improve your vocabulary for your benefit, the word is "gist" not "jist." Thank me when you're 80 years old :-D
Teh Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:48 am

We have some homers in my league and one guy who is nuts.

McNabb and Westbrook went in the 1st.

One guy likes taking RBs REALLY late and taking TE, K, and D early. Last year, he took Brady in the 3rd, Balt D in the 4th and Vinietieri in the 5th. Unbelievably, he won the league through sheer luck...he had the first overall pick and took Holmes. Got a good enough record in the first half of the season to coast into the playoffs....then got lucky in the playoffs.

This year, he took the same strategy. Daunte in the 1st, Randy in the 2nd, TGonz in the 3rd, Ravens D in the 4th, and Vanderjagt in the 5th. Oh, he's starting Thomas Jones and Ronnie Brown at RB.

His strategy is STUDS. He tries to get at least 1 STUD at every position.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Retet » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:31 pm

macaday wrote:As long as you didn't set them up ("well, you've never played before, so here's a tip... Good defenses are hard to find, take at least 2 in the first few rounds") take the money. They had their chance. They could've just drafted (or autodrafted) from the yahoo or ESPN rankings and your team couldn't exist.
;-)
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:35 pm

Teh Jury wrote:To improve your vocabulary for your benefit, the word is "gist" not "jist." Thank me when you're 80 years old :-D

LOL...grammar lessons from a guy named TEH Jury. ;-7
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Re: Playing Dirty or Playing Fair?

Postby josebach » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:33 pm

GoGoBoSox wrote:Now, do I alienate my college buddys and take their money with lop sided trades to ensure the championship and collect the cash?

I won our 10 team league chamionship last year playing a week 15 and 16 line-up that had 5 different free agent pick-ups. I played Kerry Collins against Peyton Manning in week 15 and smoked the team I was playing against. I guess all I'm saying is, don't count your chickens before they hatch. There is lot of luck involved in winning fantasy sports, especially fantasy football.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Football Talk