Sadly amazing hurricane Katrina pics.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sadly amazing hurricane Katrina pics....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Atog » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:54 pm

M_Zimm_ffc wrote: I was hoping to hear that they ended up killing some of the looters though. Those people are trying to benefit from this terrible tragedy. :-t

I'm not big on the "wishing-death-upon-others" point of view... :-t

But wow, those pictures are amazing. That, and the fact that they were running around just to help out people is very admirable. Guess us Michiganders can't do much other than donate stuff. :-°
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:25 pm

Loved the Pic of the Camero. Also, the Mary pic. was oddly inspiring. The pic. of the boat through the BK drive thru was funny! Great guys! ;-D ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:44 pm

Wow, brings a lot to perspective. That cut was nasty
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:55 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Wow, brings a lot to perspective. That cut was nasty

yeah! He destroyed his leg with a chainsaw and pretty much shrugged it off. I hope he got some medical attention to that. O:-)
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:01 pm

Atog wrote:
M_Zimm_ffc wrote: I was hoping to hear that they ended up killing some of the looters though. Those people are trying to benefit from this terrible tragedy. :-t

I'm not big on the "wishing-death-upon-others" point of view... :-t

But wow, those pictures are amazing. That, and the fact that they were running around just to help out people is very admirable. Guess us Michiganders can't do much other than donate stuff. :-°
I'm generally not the kind of person to just wish death upon people either; but to me this is ridiculous how these people are taking advantage of such a terrible thing by stealing and shooting at people who are trying to rescue people. Numerous people have died because of these people, as the police and national guard had to leave their rescue efforts to try to maintain peace in the city. In my mind that's punishable by death. Maybe I'm just a mercieless person though. :-/
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:11 pm

Zimm I agree with you. If people we trying to mug me, kill me, rapeme, whatever it is. I would fight back. Why should I show mercy to people who don't show it towards me? :-?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:14 pm

I agree that yeah, I doubt that I'd hesitate with shooting at someone trying to loot my stuff, but actually going out and saying "I hope I get to shoot some looters today" is pretty wrong.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:17 pm

Atog wrote:I agree that yeah, I doubt that I'd hesitate with shooting at someone trying to loot my stuff, but actually going out and saying "I hope I get to shoot some looters today" is pretty wrong.
To some...I can see where you're coming from man.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Voltaire » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:45 pm

In my life, things went on completely the same without missing a beat. I tell you, if I were so close to Katrina's damage though, I'd have loved to have spent four days riding/working with those guys. That's just awesome.
Voltaire
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Calyxes » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:53 am

Those are amazing pictures. 8-o

I can't believe the mother marry statue survived. Whole houses get torn away and a simple staute makes it :-?
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk