ohio st is awesome!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

ohio st is awesome!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

ohio st is awesome!!!

Postby Ousmagic » Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:53 pm

they look better then last year even without clarett, they finally have a passing game, so they wont have to just run the ball all game and then come back at the end now they can actually score the ball early and often, there defense even without wilhelm, doss, nickey, cie grant is still awesome shutting down one of the best offenses in the nation in washington, if they can get bye north carolina st. which is at home so i think they will beat them, then they will hopefully get back maurice clarett and repeat!!! what do u guys think?? o ya playing at michigan will be a huge challenge for the buckeyes also, hopefully clarett will be back by then ;-D
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:42 am

ohio state is terrible.

No offensive TD's against san diego state?!!?!?! Even Davidson scored an offensive TD against San diego state...Take away that one bad decision by the SD state qb and san diego state would've beaten them by 2 scores.

Add in the triple OT (I swear OSU's schedule is so soft they just wait for their shotty opponent to screw up: see kickoff bouncing off the top of the NC State kick returner's head for a free OSU td), and a 7 point win over Bowling Green?

They're awful.

If they had Florida's schedule (6 teams in the top 12), they'd have 3 losses by now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WGreen31 » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:44 am

uhhh... I don't know why you're complaining about OSU's schedule. It is just as hard as just about any other BCS team. They play in the big 10 and in case you forgot, the big ten leads all conferences with top 25 teams. OSU will face four top 25 teams Iowa, Purdue, Michigan State, and of course Michigan. They already beat Washington. And this isn't even including Wisconsin and Penn State. I'd find a new argument, because those are not easy wins for any team.

So add all that up and OSU has/will be playing 5 top 25 teams only 1 short of FSU. When they played NC State, they were in the top 25, so if you add that in, it's 6.
"The NFL announced today there will be a station that covers the NFL 24/7. Before this channel the only other station that featured the NFL 24/7 was Court TV"-Conan O'Brien
WGreen31
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby CVhawk » Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:56 am

Im not gonna argue the fact that OSU has a tough schedule.However I would like to take make a point about the fact that the Big 10 has the most top 25 teams.Four of the teams fall between 20-25.With that being said one loss will knock them out.It is true that they are in the top 25 but just barely.How about the fact that the SEC has 3 top 10 teams.Now if you had that going for you it would be an arguement that had NO comeback possible.

Just to add something about UFs schedule(not that I am comparing).Four of the top 8 are on their schedule.
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:18 am

WGreen31 wrote:uhhh... I don't know why you're complaining about OSU's schedule. It is just as hard as just about any other BCS team. They play in the big 10 and in case you forgot, the big ten leads all conferences with top 25 teams. OSU will face four top 25 teams Iowa, Purdue, Michigan State, and of course Michigan. They already beat Washington. And this isn't even including Wisconsin and Penn State. I'd find a new argument, because those are not easy wins for any team.

So add all that up and OSU has/will be playing 5 top 25 teams only 1 short of FSU. When they played NC State, they were in the top 25, so if you add that in, it's 6.

Surprise surprise...Purdue, Mich State are already gone. Mich already has 2 losses. NC state lost again, do they have a losing record now?

As bad as florida is this year (and trust me, they're terrible), at least when they're favored by 30+ points they win by 60 like they're supposed to. OSU on the other hand, is a 32 point favorite vs. San Diego State, and end up winning by 3 with no offensive TD's. You know who scored an offensive TD on san diego state? Davidson...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Ousmagic » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:56 am

i wrote this after their first game against washington anyways, when they looked awesome, ill admit right now they arent looking as good, but they just beat a really good iowa team and still have a good chance in my opinion to run the table and go to either the sugar bowl or the rose bowl
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:28 am

again though, no offensive td's and they had to rely on the other team screwing up (Iowa lost three fumbles and a safety on bad snaps).
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:48 am

osu has NO running game, unless you count Krenzel
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner