ohio st is awesome!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

ohio st is awesome!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goody » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:59 am

Lol, you must be kidding me if you think OSU is any good not to mention their running game. They beat a horrible Penn State team by 1 point and you are talking about how they look better than last year. They looked pretty bad last year and got lucky, but this year, they are much worse and clarett was their whole offense. They are lucky to only have 1 loss, and when the season ends, they will get what they deserve in a crappy bowl game and 2-3 losses. Good luck next year!!!
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ousmagic » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:54 pm

Goody wrote:Lol, you must be kidding me if you think OSU is any good not to mention their running game. They beat a horrible Penn State team by 1 point and you are talking about how they look better than last year. They looked pretty bad last year and got lucky, but this year, they are much worse and clarett was their whole offense. They are lucky to only have 1 loss, and when the season ends, they will get what they deserve in a crappy bowl game and 2-3 losses. Good luck next year!!!

ya i admit they do suck, u know winning 19 games in a row in a tough big 10 schedule and also beating a GREAT team last year in Miami must mean u suck ;-)
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Nov 08, 2003 3:34 am

Ousmagic wrote:
Goody wrote:Lol, you must be kidding me if you think OSU is any good not to mention their running game. They beat a horrible Penn State team by 1 point and you are talking about how they look better than last year. They looked pretty bad last year and got lucky, but this year, they are much worse and clarett was their whole offense. They are lucky to only have 1 loss, and when the season ends, they will get what they deserve in a crappy bowl game and 2-3 losses. Good luck next year!!!

ya i admit they do suck, u know winning 19 games in a row in a tough big 10 schedule and also beating a GREAT team last year in Miami must mean u suck ;-)

You a booster or something? Last year, they got all of the breaks and had a great year. This year, it was bound to even out a bit. They are a good team but I would be careful what you wish for. If they happen to get a chance to play OU, they will get demolished. OU is the best team in the country by far. IMHO, USC would be a much better matchup against OU than OSU.
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AF » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:56 pm

Just thought I would add this in here.
If they had Florida's schedule (6 teams in the top 12), they'd have 3 losses by now.

Ohio State: 10-1
Florida: 8-3

Ohio State SoS: 13
Florida SoS: 9

So OSU DOES have a schedule just about a hard and doesn't have 3 losses. Say what you will about winning close games, the fact of the matter is they WON and that's all that counts in the BCS. Like it or not Ohio State is a top 10 team if they beat Michigan or not.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:08 pm

AF wrote:Like it or not Ohio State is a top 10 team if they beat Michigan or not.

Lol nobody cares about top 10, they care about top TWO! and if OSU is put ahead of USC that will be just horrible for college football, they will not stand a chance against OU
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:09 pm

AF wrote:Just thought I would add this in here.
If they had Florida's schedule (6 teams in the top 12), they'd have 3 losses by now.

So OSU DOES have a schedule just about a hard and doesn't have 3 losses. Say what you will about winning close games, the fact of the matter is they WON and that's all that counts in the BCS. Like it or not Ohio State is a top 10 team if they beat Michigan or not.

Top 10? I'll give you that. Unfortunately, there is a major dropoff after #1. If they go into Ann Arbour and win this weekend, then I would say that they deserve a shot at the national title. I still stand by my comment that USC would be a better matchup for an objective viewer. OSU has a world-class defense but their offense couldn't score on a hooker if they had a pocket full of fifties.
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ousmagic » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:32 pm

Free Bagel wrote:again though, no offensive td's and they had to rely on the other team screwing up (Iowa lost three fumbles and a safety on bad snaps).

i dont understand y it matters if they get offensive touchdowns if they play a top 10 team like iowa or purdue and can win the game then who cares how they scored?
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Petey » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:21 pm

Buckeye's suck this year, there's no other way to put it.

What I mean is they suck, for a OSU team. The only thing they have going for them is an awesome D. They have not however, played anyone with half as much of Michigan's firepower.

Plus they're playing at the BIG HOUSE. This game will set the all-time attendance record and should instantly become a classic.

I think the rankings are really skewed this year. The Big 10 has had 6 or 7 teams in the Top 25 all year. The only real teams in the Big 10 are U-M and OSU.

Prediction: U-M 27 OSU 13
BCS: U-M #4 OSU- 1 spot above wherever Miami is. Probably #8.

One of the Vets and I have a Paper Bag match going for this game, any Buckeyes want to join????
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Nov 22, 2003 1:15 pm

AF wrote:Just thought I would add this in here.

Are you serious dude? Have you actually ever looked at how they calculate strength of schedule? Florida's would be top 2 except that they played Florida A&M (division 2), and with this retarded SoS forumula, playing a division 2a school instead of the 115th ranked team in div 1 outweighs playing 3 top 10 teams, it's retarded.

OSU has played NO ONE currently in the top FIFTEEN, compared to Florida's five teams currently in the top fifteen. Michigan is the first top 10 team OSU has played, and they're manhandling OSU as we speak.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby awwchrist » Sat Nov 22, 2003 6:04 pm

Ohio State is so awesome they got whomped.

Grats Blue!!!
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to College Football