Donald Hayes = Loser - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donald Hayes = Loser

Moderator: Football Moderators

Donald Hayes = Loser

Postby Recidivist » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:52 am

Isn't this the same guy who had around 900 yds and 5-6 touchdowns for Carolina in 2000? I mean, really, how completely unimpressive and underwhelming does a 6'4, 220lb guy have to be to get cut by a WR deficient team whose opening day starters will more than likely be (in light of Jimmy Smith's four game suspension) J.J. Stokes and Matthew Hatchette!! Yeah, the same Matthew Hatchette who has practically been invisible (read: practice squad fodder for the Vikings, Jets, and Raiders) for the past four years.

Maybe Hayes could catch on in Arizona. Nah. The Cards already have "studs" in Kevin Kasper, Bryan Gilmore, and Jason McAddley.
Recidivist
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:01 am

Hatchette looked like a future star in limited time with the Vikes. I was sad to see him go, I think he would have thrived had he stayed in their system.

8 men in the box to damage Fragile Freddy. Could be a long season in Jacksonville. If Leftwich gets to start at some point, I wouldn't be too shocked if he put up decent fantasy numbers. Vick is stealing the spotlight, but Leftwich is a bad-ass and a team leader. I'd like to see what he can do in the NFL.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:07 am

Hayes was a huge disappointment in New England. Finally the Patriots got a tall, physical receiver, and he turned out to be a dud. He had a lot of trouble learning the playbook. As the season wore on, Brady continued to look in the direction of others.

He had the opportunity to excel last year, Brown was out for four games while Branche struggled with injury throughtout most of the year. Hayes never got it going.

I expect more of that this year. Even with Jimmy SMith out the first four games, I suspect Hayes will be a non factor.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:42 am

your all right..........it is now or cfl for this loser.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:56 am

Hatchette was an underachieving bum. Good Riddance i say.
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Hayes

Postby DraftDodger » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:13 pm

Hayes didn't concentrate on the important 3rd downs. He dropped balls and shied away from hits, missing gimme catches. I believe that anyone can change their ways; he's certainly physically capable of performing, but I'd stay away from him unless he proves himself.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk