Saints Backup? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Saints Backup?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Saints Backup?

Postby Da Rook » Sun Aug 31, 2003 12:59 pm

Does anyone know who is the #2 RB behind Deuce in NO? Is it KJ Carter? Is he worth picking up as insurance (I have Deuce)? Any rumors on trades or someone they may pick up? Thanks...
If you Smell...what Da Rook...is Cookin'!!!
Da Rook
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:35 pm

KJ Carter was cut. It sounded as if he was the man behind Duece. So what are they thinking? My wish is that they trade for Hearst.
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Real Deal » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:43 pm

after gaining an impressive 95 yards on 25 carries, the saints cut carter in a very surprising move. Carter looked really sharp and had excellent vision. so now the saints lone backup, after cutting Curtis Keaton early in the week, is James Fenderson who has not done anything. Last year he started a couple of games while Duece was hurt, but he did not produce, and he probably won't produce this year if given the opportunity to play. In conclussion, my guess is that they are working on a trade. Possibly for Robert Edwards??
Real Deal

Friendliness: %

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:46 am

Edwards also was cut. Look for the Saints to pick up Kenny Watson or perhaps Edwards (but I doubt it).

To the earlier poster, I would be shocked if S.F. were to trade Hearst at this point--Barlow is nursing an injury and his pass blocking is "improved", not totally up to snuff. With Garcia's bad back, moving Hearst is asking for trouble. Don't think Detroit didn't already try to get Hearst to unite him with Mooch.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk