R. Droughns/CLE and J.J. Arrington/ARI - Both RBBC? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

R. Droughns/CLE and J.J. Arrington/ARI - Both RBBC?

Moderator: Football Moderators

R. Droughns/CLE and J.J. Arrington/ARI - Both RBBC?

Postby Dumbjaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:11 am

Droughns shares with Green and Suggs. We all know Cleveland's RB situation. So I dropped Droughns and grabbed J.J. Arrington off of free agency while I still could.

Here's the news that came out today about him:

"Arizona Cardinals head coach Dennis Green confirmed rookie RB J.J. Arrington is the team's starting running back, but he added all his running backs will play. "We've got three backs. We only kept three running backs. So, all three of those backs will play. Marcel Shipp. James Jackson has been a solid starter in the NFL, who played for Cleveland. So, all three of the running backs will play. Those are the only three that we have on our roster," said Green Wednesday, Sept. 7."

What gives?

Droughns/Green/Suggs
Arrington/Shipp/Jackson

Is there any difference? Can Arizona be considered an RBBC team now? Or is there a difference between them and Cleveland that I'm not realizing?
Dumbjaw
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:28 am

ARI will be forced to play a better runblocking RB in passing situations due to the major issues they are having with their OLine. Arrington is too small and needs a lot more time to learn how to read and pick up blitz packages. Right now he is a liability to the offense on passing situations.

Im also not sure if he will get goalline carries either.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dumbjaw » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:59 am

I'd say that I regret dropping Droughns for Arrington (8 team league), but Droughns was such an eyesore on my roster and the only other RBs available that are worth picking up (if worth it at all) were Chester Taylor, Tatum Bell, and Ricky Williams.

Hopefully Arrington surprises everyone.
Dumbjaw
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Matthias » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:03 am

don't believe a word that the sheriff says. if you can figure out what it is he's saying at any given point. i would take a wait-and-see attitude. give it a few weeks and see what the load split is.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:19 am

Dumbjaw wrote:I'd say that I regret dropping Droughns for Arrington (8 team league), but Droughns was such an eyesore on my roster and the only other RBs available that are worth picking up (if worth it at all) were Chester Taylor, Tatum Bell, and Ricky Williams.

Hopefully Arrington surprises everyone.

I would definitely rather have Arrington than Droughns. Droughns will be splitting carries with Green until Suggs is back...then he might be benched or split carries some more.

Arrington is the future for the Cards. He'll be given a catch to tote the rock.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk