Barlow vs. Hearst - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Barlow vs. Hearst

Moderator: Football Moderators

Barlow vs. Hearst

Postby Go Jackets » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:01 pm

This is year three of my owning Barlow, and I want to hear what people think about him getting his shot to take over as the #1 RB in SanFran. Who knows anything about Erickson's plans for Barlow vs. Hearst. Also, is there anything to the Hearst to Detroit trade rumors? I think that all of those rumors, except for them picking up Watson are hogwash.
Go Jackets
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mudd » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:05 pm

Don't know about the trade rumors. But from everything i've read Barlow has improved in the areas the coaches asked, and they won't hessitate to use him on 3rd downs.

They also talked about Hearst running out of gas at the end of last year, and want to mix Barlow in more so Hearst is 100% towards the end of the season.

All that said, i think Barlow will be starting by the end of the year. And Hearst will either retire, or be traded in typical 9er fashion.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:48 pm

Ah, yes, it was two years ago when I thought it was going to be Kevan Barlow's breakout year. Well, two years later and yet still the same situation. I don't like the sound of Barlow being just a third down back. But Hearst has to breakdown sometime right?
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:50 pm

You already have him, and I wouldn't move him via trade or waiver wire. I don't think he will have agreat year, but I don't think people will give you what he is worth in a trade. THey will give you only backup RB value, but in reality, Barlow is one of the backups with an increased possiblity of starting by the end of the year. Dropping him wouldn't make any sense either, unless there are better RBs on the waivers, but would doubt that.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WGreen31 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:19 pm

The best thing to do would be to grab both Hearst and Barlow. I really wouldn't suggest going for one without grabbing the other. That way you can play it by ear and bench whichever one won't be starting.

Personally I think Barlow will take the job fully by week 5. I never bought into the "breakout" possibilities in previous years, but this year I am sold. With Hearst slowing down, Barlow should get the job this year.
"The NFL announced today there will be a station that covers the NFL 24/7. Before this channel the only other station that featured the NFL 24/7 was Court TV"-Conan O'Brien
WGreen31
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mudd » Sun Aug 31, 2003 2:23 pm

agreed. I never really thought Barlow would do much in previous years. Hearst just had too much left, especially after his comeback of the year award. But Hearst is nearing the end. And no doubt Barlow is the future at that position.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 5:22 pm

ive heard barlow hasnt looked great in preseason and hearst has the starting job, so he should get more carries to begin with but eventually barlow may become the main guy.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk