Booker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Booker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Booker

Postby Go Jackets » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:06 pm

How far has his value dropped with Stewart at the helm this year? I have Driver and Toomer as my starting WRs. I also have a WR/RB spot that I'm contemplating Booker, Barlow, or Moe Williams. I think Barlow and Williams will both rush for about 60 yds., and Moe might score 1 TD. How are Bookers chances of toping those numbers in week 1?
Go Jackets
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mudd » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:10 pm

I think he's a great option for a third wr. Kordell will surely have some broken plays, and Booker is good at getting open.

I don't think Booker will be a consistent option, but he will have some big games.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Roy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:13 pm

I would go with Booker. He will still put up numbers with Stewart at QB.. Barlow will lose carries to Hearst. Moe Williams might be your second option.
Roy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:20 pm

I don't think that kordell will decrease Booker's value much. The addition of Kordell isn't nearly as significant as the fact that the Bears still have no running game. THEy will have to throw, and Booker is the go to guy.
Go Pats!
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby JamesBond007 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:45 pm

Booker has produced the last 2 years with Super-Stud Jim Miller at QB...I for one think Kordell is an improvement,though i'm probably in the minority. i would feel very comfortable with Booker as my #3 WR.
JamesBond007

Friendliness: %

Re: ...

Postby TheGZA » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:39 pm

JamesBond007 wrote:i would feel very comfortable with Booker as my #3 WR.

Agreed! ;-D

he's not the most consistent week-to-week performer, but he will get the numbers.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:15 pm

Yeah, start Booker at the flex.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby murph » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:29 pm

Booker is my #3. Stewart is a vast improvement over the recent garbage chicago qbs. I f Booker can put up 1,000+ yds. under those circumstances, he'll be just fine as a starter in any format.
murph
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Goose » Mon Sep 01, 2003 12:42 am

Murph hits the nail on the head. Compare 2001 to 2002. In 2001, the Bears O-line had no injuries the WHOLE year. The running game looked awesome (A-Train's rookie year) and Booker put up his usual 1,000 yard season. Last year, with the same QB crew, the O-line was decimated. The running game was awful, yet there was Booker punching the clock for another 1,000 yard season. This year, the O-line is again hurting--real bad. Stewart is shockingly an upgrade at QB and has a history of locking onto a favorite (look at how it took Maddox in Pitts for Burress to even emerge from Ward's shadow). In Chicago, Booker is the only receiving option. He will do well despite the challenges the team will face. I'd go with him in Week 1.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk