Olandis Gary traded to Detroit - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Olandis Gary traded to Detroit

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheGZA » Sun Aug 31, 2003 6:40 pm

dloke wrote:Is it worth it to drop Thomas Jones for Gary?

10 team standard Yahoo Head-to-Head league
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB, 1 K, 1 DEF
K. Warner, T. Maddox
M. Faulk, J. Lewis, T. Hambrick, J. Bettis, T. Jones
K. Robinson, C. Johnson, Q. Morgan, C. Chambers, J. Reed
J. Shockey
R. Longwell
Atlanta D, Jacksonville D

gruden said he plans on using pittman as a wideout on occasion which means that jones may see more playing time in the backfield, but since pittman's trial got pushed back to november he should be getting the bulk of the work. i like gary over jones, i actually just dropped him for olandis! ;-D
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ousmagic » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:22 pm

ya id rather have gary over jones cause it looks like gary will be getting all of detroits carries while jones will split carries
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tds1273 » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:31 pm

I have Curtis Martin and Anthony Thomas on my bench as my backups. Should I drop A-Train and pick up Gary?
tds1273
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Goose » Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:58 pm

How long does it take a RB to learn a new offense? Can we expect Gary to get 20 carries in week 1 with only one week of prep. time?
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby jdogg_ffc » Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:08 pm

I would say prob. not 20 in wk. one, will prob. be a RBC deal untill wk. 3 or so. Still I would say to grab Gary over any one else in Lions backfield for now!

Good luck!
jdogg_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtarail » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:03 pm

Lets remember that Gary looked pretty dang good fow awhile in Denver. I drafted him because Travis Henry has always looked fragile to me, and I'm glad for him (and myself) that he' gonna be getting lots of touches in Detroit. :-D

With a little luck he may take the job from Stewart for good.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:09 am

All right I am a Lions fan and so am naturally cynical and have a bitter disposition. Gary was CUT!!! I saw nothing out of him against the Lions in preseason game 4. And remember the Lions’ D is so bad that the Browns backs are still adding up the yardage they gained in game 3! Why would you people expect Gary to be the back he was in Denver? I hope that I am wrong, but I wouldn’t dump Moe Williams or even Pittman for him until he proves it. Though I will gladly grab him off of waivers if anyone wants to trade Portis for him. Personally, I hope they give Avon Cobourne a shot, he seems to have a RB instincts and great catching ability.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby MC Hammer » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:17 am

Would it be worth it for me to drop Cristian Fauria for Olandis Gary? My starting TE is Todd Heap so I dont feel I need him.
MC Hammer

Friendliness: %

Postby TheGZA » Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:11 am

MC Hammer wrote:Would it be worth it for me to drop Cristian Fauria for Olandis Gary? My starting TE is Todd Heap so I dont feel I need him.

depends on your other RB's, but most likely yes. when heap's bye week comes around you will certainly be able to pick up a free agent TE to fill in for him, but better to play it safe and not mis out on grabbing olandis in the event that he secures the starting job.
TheGZA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk