Trade For Warner - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trade For Warner

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade For Warner

Postby Saba » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:08 pm

I have Feilder and I was think of trading for Warner.. But Feilder is doing so well right now..and Warner is not.. And now with Pace out? Would you all do it?
Saba

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby JayM09 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:21 pm

post the rest of your lineup, so we can see who you have for a backup qb, right now i would say get warner cause he cant go the rest of the year playing like this.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Saba » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:10 pm

The league starts two QB's....I have Culpepper, Feilder and Peete. And there isn't much else on the waivers but backups.
Saba

Postby Hot89 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:14 pm

I'd think about starting Peete. He and the Panthers are doing good. Warner and Faulk aren't looking great. I wouldn't trade for Warner, but if you need someone else from a different position, you may be able to trade Peete for him.
Hot89
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:20 pm

How 'bout dishin' Culpepper & his WR probs.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ronbo » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:29 pm

So you have an owner that is going to deal you Warner for Fiedler, straight-up?

I'd go with it man. Yes, Fiedler is off to a good start, but look what you can fall back on. You still have Culpepper, who's going to get back on track as soon as Randy gets out of jail. Oh yeah, he is out of jail. But maybe they should throw his butt back in there. It might do wonders for the rest of the team.

But I'd still take the deal. You are worrying too much about the O-line right now. The St. Louis offense puts up 300 yards and 2 TD's a week. You'll see.
Ronbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Saba » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:44 pm

Well in turns out that he won't do it straight up..He will do Fielder and Bennett for Warner.. So as far as RB's go I have ...Alexander, Portis, Bettis and Bennett.
Saba

Postby Ronbo » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:52 pm

I guess it depends on your ability to get a decent 4th RB. If you only start 2, then you can limp along.

Maybe I'm living in the past, but the trade structured as it is is still worth putting Warner on your roster. How bad can his thumb, O-line, Marshall and WR's be? These are all question marks. But this guy was the best in the league last year. Even if he gives you "Farve-like" numbers, you have to pull the trigger. Or do you?

Let your conscious dictate this one...
Ronbo
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby HSBay » Fri Sep 27, 2002 4:54 pm

Everyone wants Warner because of his past, but the fact is that people who have been starting Fiedler this year are probably in pretty good shape, where as Warner starters are hurting. Many people think Fiedler will slow down, but I think it's quite the opposite. As long as Williams is healthy, Fiedler won't have any problems throwing the ball. However, with Norv Turner as their O-coordinator, there is the possibility that Williams could become the dominant player over Fiedler, like Smith was over Aikmen back in the Day. I would still stick with Fiedler. If your team needs multiple 30 or 40 point games from QB, like Warner had last year, to win, then you might want to look at other positions.
HSBay
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:18 pm

trade fiedler for warner or fielder and bennett for warner...

hes still kurt warner, people overact waaay to much to slow starts...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk