NFL Quotes. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Quotes.

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Quotes.

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:31 pm

From PFW:Aug. 28, 2003

Random quotes from around the NFL

Former Jets great Joe Namath on what Chad Pennington will be going through as he sits out for much of the season with a broken wrist: “It's tough, you're out there trying to help out, but you know you're not doing that much. You'd like to contribute more to the team. You almost get hesitant at times to suggest things because you're not really taking part in the action and you have to overcome that.”

Namath on 39-year-old Vinny Testaverde, who will step into the starting lineup for Pennington for the time being: “I believe he's got a lot left. People talk about his age. Come on, man. Times have changed, the athletes have changed. His ability is still there. I'm just excited for Vinny now.”

Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio, answering Jacksonville media questions about the team’s muddled roster picture: "There's only so much we can disclose, and I've been forthright with information. You're prying into things that just need to be left alone. When it works itself out, then it will become obvious to everybody. But there's no sense in being ahead of things.”

Chiefs head coach Dick Vermeil on the knee injury suffered by TE Tony Gonzalez earlier this week: “We think it's not serious. Still, it scared us. I've got a slow heartbeat anyway. My pulse rate is about 46, and I think it dropped to 32.”

Raiders head coach Bill Callahan on his decision to suspend LB Bill Romanowski after he pummeled teammate Marcus Williams in practice on Sunday: “It doesn't matter who it is. When it gets to that severity, I'm going to level a discipline. It goes beyond the game. Once it's beyond the respect and dignity of a player, it's a tragedy.”

Romanowski’s take on the fight, which left Williams with a broken left orbital bone and a chipped tooth and put him in the hospital: “I've never really had problems controlling my temper. I am an intense guy on the football field, and sometimes I get carried away. I got carried away two days ago. I'm just going to make the situation right from this point forward. Can I move forward? I have no choice. The punishment is not about a fine or about missing practice. It's about what you learn as a person. You've got to look at yourself in the mirror and say, 'I screwed up.' … I let my teammates down, and I apologized to them.”

Eagles RB Duce Staley on his 26-day holdout, one that reportedly cost him $130,000: “I'm not afraid to say that I was stubborn. It's behind us. It's over. It's squashed. It's time to move on and bring something new to the city — hopefully that's a ring — and stay positive.”

Cowboys DB Woody Dantzler, recalling a time when head coach Bill Parcells, then in the team’s weight room, happened to see Dantzler muffing punts outside: “He comes out and lets me have it. Oh my goodness, did he let me have it. But, in the midst of all that, he stopped and said, 'Don't worry about it. Have you ever heard of David Meggett? His first preseason game, he dropped four punts — and he only went on to become the best punt returner in the league.' ”
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk