Postby johnny_utah » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:00 pm

In my league we start QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, Def
I have C-pepper, Bledsoe @ QB
Troy Brown, Eric Moulds, Hines Ward, Donte Stallworth@WR
Ricky Williams, Eddie George, TJ Duckett @ RB
Marcus Pollard & Chad Lewis @TE
Vinateri@K
Pats & Pitt for D

I've been offered Curtis Martin for Troy Brown.
Nothin available for RB as Free Agents, but a few WRs are out there (Dyson, Kennison, Pathon, Morgan, Bates)

Should I make the trade?

I need someone to cover for Ricky and George during bye weeks and in case of injury, but Troy is a steep price. [/img]
johnny_utah

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby terpfan » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:03 pm

good value but u wouldnt have any backup wrs! and two of em would not even be #1's on there team. see if the other guy would add a wr...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:06 pm

Martin-"Martin (sprained ankle) is listed as probable, but a team correspondent says the team might give him a week to rest the ankle in hope that it doesn't turn into a season-long injury. LaMont Jordan would start in his stead."

Brown-"Brown (knee) missed practice again Thursday and is listed as questionable for Sunday’s game at San Diego.It’s looking less and less likely that Brown is going to make this start."

Both these situations could change.Personally i'd keep Brown but it's looking like neither of them will help ya this week!
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dan » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:14 pm

well, its really a steep price.

You can try to shop Eddie for a good WR and then add Martin, as he is - in my mind, despite his injury, still the better back than Eddie. And you may be abel to snatch a good WR for a guy like Eddie!

But if you are not able to deal for another WR I wouldnt do it, coz the price is too steep in a league starting 3 WRs...
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Steeler23 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:14 pm

I would do it in a heartbeat. Troy Brown is a great WR, but it is easier to find FA WR than it is to find good (and in Martin's case) great RBs. When Martin is healthy, he'll be a great player to have in case Eddie stays in his yardage funk. Martin gets you rushing and receiving yards, plus he's the go to guy in NY.

I like Dyson and Pathon in that oder for a pick-up. If you look at Brown's stats last year, too, he got a LOT of catches but not many TDs.

You never know, after your bye week, all 3 of your RB's may be on fire and you can trade one for a stud receiver for a playoff run.

Just my opinion : )
Steeler23
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby johnny_utah » Fri Sep 27, 2002 6:32 pm

I agree. C-Mart is a stud. I'd hate to lose Brown, but my feeling is that Curtis is gonna bust out soon and by then it will be too late to get him. I like Eddie, but C-Mart is better. Seems like there are plenty of good recievers out there, but no RBs, (well James Stewart Michael Bennett are out there). I do have some good trade bait to pick up a good WR later.
johnny_utah
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk