New Family Guy episode gets pushed back - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

New Family Guy episode gets pushed back

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Family Guy episode gets pushed back

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:32 pm

http://www.broadcastingcable.com/articl ... aking+News
Broadcasting&Cable.com wrote:Fox Holds Family Guy With Hurricane References

By Jim Benson -- Broadcasting & Cable, 9/8/2005 3:54:00 PM

Abstract: Fox has substituted one original episode of Family Guy for another on Sunday, the debut of its new fall season lineup that night, because the episode scheduled to air contained a “couple” references to a hurricane. “Out of sensitivity to what happened, we’re moving it back a couple weeks,” a Fox spokesman told B&C.

EDIT: Before the complaints.
Last edited by 34=Sweetness on Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Family Guy episode gets pushed back

Postby BaseballFann0008 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:08 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:http://www.broadcastingcable.com/articl ... aking+News
Broadcasting&Cable.com wrote:Fox Holds Family Guy With Hurricane References

By Jim Benson -- Broadcasting & Cable, 9/8/2005 3:54:00 PM

Abstract: Fox has substituted one original episode of Family Guy for another on Sunday, the debut of its new fall season lineup that night, because the episode scheduled to air contained a “couple” references to a hurricane. “Out of sensitivity to what happened, we’re moving it back a couple weeks,” a Fox spokesman told B&C.

Hooray for stupid censorship. I guess we can't mention anything with hurricanes anymore. Remember, its the Miami Storms and the Carolina Inclement Weathers from now on. :-t

i think thats very respectful of fox
BaseballFann0008
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:40 pm

And what makes it somehow less offensive 2 weeks from now?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:17 pm

Yeah, a tad ridiculous. If it mocks the victims of Katrina, then that's tasteless and the episode shouldn't be aired during primetime on Fox. But if it just randomly mentions a hurricane, then there's no reason it shouldn't be played tonight if it was scheduled that way, and this mess isn't going to be over in two weeks anyway.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:30 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Yeah, a tad ridiculous. If it mocks the victims of Katrina, then that's tasteless and the episode shouldn't be aired during primetime on Fox. But if it just randomly mentions a hurricane, then there's no reason it shouldn't be played tonight if it was scheduled that way, and this mess isn't going to be over in two weeks anyway.

I agree, sometimes this type of thing gets ridiculous
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:32 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Yeah, a tad ridiculous. If it mocks the victims of Katrina, then that's tasteless and the episode shouldn't be aired during primetime on Fox. But if it just randomly mentions a hurricane, then there's no reason it shouldn't be played tonight if it was scheduled that way, and this mess isn't going to be over in two weeks anyway.

This was my thought too, but apparently that made me some sort of inhumane monster over at the FBC. Its not like it can mention Katrina, as the episode was done like 3-4 months ago probably. If not longer ago.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:54 am

34=Sweetness wrote:

This was my thought too, but apparently that made me some sort of inhumane monster over at the FBC. Its not like it can mention Katrina, as the episode was done like 3-4 months ago probably. If not longer ago.

Its not like Family Guy holds back with any other references. Tongiht when Stewie played Marco Polo with Helen Keller. How is that not offensive? And really, who cares about a cartoon show anyway?
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:23 am

Yeah, I talked with 34 about this tonight. I think we're trying to be a little too PC these days with everything. They were not doing this on purpose, and if people want to connect it with Katrina, then it seems to me that they are just looking for an excuse to make a big circus out of it.

I also stated this (and I hope I don't create a firestorm, but I think it's basically the same situation on a different scale): How is it that a show like "All In the Family" can still be on Cable TV with all the racial slurs that are used on it during every show? People laughed WITH this show 30 years ago...I just don't see how TV Land or whoever else shows it can get away with it these days.

If it were actually a show on the network TV lineup right now, whatever station that showed it would immediately be sued/berated by almost every minority group in the USA. It's pretty danged insensitive to those groups. :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:00 am

So I suppose the WWE has to cancel all future matches starring the one, the only...........

"Stand back. There's a Hurricane comin' through!"

PC stands for pure crap.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Return to General Talk