Walker Hurt - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Walker Hurt

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:02 pm

Oh my.......My third round pick......I feel for Javon too because I believe it was a contract year for him.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:08 pm

biju wrote:this on sportsline:

News: The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting Walker, who left in Week 1 at Detroit, might have suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Analysis: Walker will have an MRI on Monday, which will reveal the severity of his injury. Coach Mike Sherman added that he will not be able to return "anytime in the near future." Donald Driver would likely move into the No. 1 receiver role with Robert Ferguson serving as the No. 2.

That's going to destroy some fantasy teams.

Ouch...that hurts in my one league. At least i have Boldin, Lee Evans, Derrick Mason.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GB Packer Fan 2004 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:10 pm

Kills me in 2 leagues including the Blurred Inferno league

Well this is gonna be one long season for my Packers :,-(
GB Packer Fan 2004
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Agent23 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:12 pm

He wasn't on any of my teams...

But, I feel bad for the guy.

He was going to hold out, and he decided to play....I respected that. Him blowing his knee out, basically just ruined whatever big contract he would of gotten this off-season.

Bummer.

Him shaking his head from side to side, was him probably realising all the millions he just lost out on.
Agent23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Captain » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:17 pm

jh2031 wrote:
biju wrote:this on sportsline:

News: The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel is reporting Walker, who left in Week 1 at Detroit, might have suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Analysis: Walker will have an MRI on Monday, which will reveal the severity of his injury. Coach Mike Sherman added that he will not be able to return "anytime in the near future." Donald Driver would likely move into the No. 1 receiver role with Robert Ferguson serving as the No. 2.

That's going to destroy some fantasy teams.

Ouch...that hurts in my one league. At least i have Boldin, Lee Evans, Derrick Mason.

Hurts two of my fantasy leagues....time to hit the WW tomorrow to gather some more mediocre players to fill his spot. This sucks.

I feel bad for the guy and hope he recovers soon.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:19 pm

Anyone name some guys who can fill the void??This really hurts, Hopfully Stallworth can break out this year and make me forget about Walker, but that is unlikely.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Agent23 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:23 pm

StudentOfTheGame wrote:Anyone name some guys who can fill the void??This really hurts, Hopfully Stallworth can break out this year and make me forget about Walker, but that is unlikely.

Very unlikely.

It's next to impossible to replace a Top Fligth WR, that Walker is.
Agent23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:30 pm

Wait, he walked to the bench? How could he have a torn ACL? Theres no way you can walk right away after doing that.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:30 pm

Agent23 wrote:
StudentOfTheGame wrote:Anyone name some guys who can fill the void??This really hurts, Hopfully Stallworth can break out this year and make me forget about Walker, but that is unlikely.

Very unlikely.

It's next to impossible to replace a Top Fligth WR, that Walker is.

I know :~( :~( :~(
I'm going to need Steve Smith and Fitzgerald to put up huge stats, but I liked them as my 2 and 3 WR, now they're my 1-2.....Not good at all.

No way Green Bay goes to the playoffs this yr.
StudentOfTheGame
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby The_Captain » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:39 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Wait, he walked to the bench? How could he have a torn ACL? Theres no way you can walk right away after doing that.

This is from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal:

Knee injury may sideline Walker for season
Journal Interactive
Posted: Sept. 11, 2005

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker appears to have suffered a tear in the anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee when he went down with an injury in the third quarter of the Packers' 17-3 loss to the Lions, Packers head coach Mike Sherman said in his post-game news conference. If so, the injury would likely sideline the Pro Bowl wide receiver for the rest of the season.

"It's ACL, as I understand," said Sherman. "You really can't make a determination on that until you get an MRI on that tomorrow. But, he certainly was not able to come back in this ball game - and I doubt anytime in the near future."

Walker was hurt when he caught a 55-yard pass - negated by a pass-interference call on him - and was tackled by safety Terrence Holt.

When Sherman was asked if the injury Walker suffered was likely season-ending, Sherman replied: "Most of the time."

As Walker lay on the turf, he grabbed his right knee. After trainers attended to him for a few minutes, he gingerly walked toward the bench. He was later taken to the locker room on a cart, once shaking his head from side to side.

Walker had four receptions for 27 yards when he left the game.

Complete coverage of this story will appear online later tonight and in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in the morning.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting