Who is the #1 WR in Arizona? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #1 WR in Arizona?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #1 WR in Arizona?

Postby warrick95 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:52 pm

The question says it all. Both are superb players. Both are big, physical type wideouts who make up for speed with toughness.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby jblank » Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:58 pm

I would say you have two 1 1/2 guys. Each will have big games, but to say either are cut and dry #1's is crazy at this point. Today Fitzgerald is having the bigger game, but Boldin could come back next week and have just as big a game while Fitz struggles.
jblank
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:04 pm

Larry Fitzgerald is clearly Warner's favorite target.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:10 pm

Larry is the better of the two, however it is still too early to tell at this point.
SHOCKandAWE
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: The town with the BEST football fans around! PITTSBURGH, PA

Postby warrick95 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:12 pm

VHawk15 wrote:Larry Fitzgerald is clearly Warner's favorite target.

That's what I was afraid of. :~( I drafted Boldin high in many leagues...in Steve Smith territory.

I'm not sure whether Fitz is better. Like I said, they share a very similar skill set.
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GMoney » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:17 pm

no offence VHawk, but why make such stupid comments.

You are making this point based soley on 1 game. If you used preseason stats they are about even, if you use last years stats, they are about even.

So to make such a one sided comment after one game tells me you are either a fitz owner or a fan of his college. Either way your comments arent helpful to anyone.

If your claiming that week 1 is a true indicator of the NFL season the niners could go undefeated this year :)
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby warrick95 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:22 pm

He's targeted Fitz to Boldin 14-9...so it's not THAT lopsided. It's just that I guess his attempts to Boldin have been off.

-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby VHawk15 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:23 pm

GMoney wrote:no offence VHawk, but why make such stupid comments.

You are making this point based soley on 1 game. If you used preseason stats they are about even, if you use last years stats, they are about even.

So to make such a one sided comment after one game tells me you are either a fitz owner or a fan of his college. Either way your comments arent helpful to anyone.

If your claiming that week 1 is a true indicator of the NFL season the niners could go undefeated this year :)

Did I mention Week 1? I based my opinion of the skill level of both WR's, the weeks of practice Boldin missed due to the injury to his nose, the coaches comments, Warner's comment during the offseason, and finally, the fact that Fitzgerald had more than four times as many receptions as Boldin had in this game. The target weren't as lopsided, but the target total counts the couple of times than Warner just threw it up to Boldin as he was being sacked, not really "targetting" him. If you watched the game, Fitzgerald was the #1 option on nearly every play.

After all that, unless you have some magical tarot cards, I'm not sure how you could realistically predict that Boldin will be Warner's favorite target this season.

I never watched Fitzgerald in college (maybe some highlights?), and I own both he and Boldin in one league. But, thanks for calling me stupid and telling me my comments aren't helpful. I make a six-word post, yet you personally attack me and show your class as well as your knowledge of what I was saying. Thank you.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cards24 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:34 pm

jblank wrote:I would say you have two 1 1/2 guys. Each will have big games, but to say either are cut and dry #1's is crazy at this point. Today Fitzgerald is having the bigger game, but Boldin could come back next week and have just as big a game while Fitz struggles.

Well said. They have really good talent at #1,2, and 3 (dont forget about johnson) The ball will be spread out nicely (horribly for fantasy reasons), BUT, Fitz will be the man for the deep ball.
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby mrider » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:39 pm

All I can say was Larry had an outstanding game 13 receptions 155 yards and a td I will take that any day.
mrider
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk