Who is the #1 WR in Arizona? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #1 WR in Arizona?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:47 pm

I'm with stoopid. I like Fitz to be the number one guy this season. And no, GMoney, I am not basing that on one game.

Fitz is a far more polished receiver than Boldin, better route runner and has great hands. Most QBs love his type. The kind of guy you know will get open for you. Boldin is a better scoring threat, but is still developing.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby warrick95 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:42 pm

Question #2: Does anyone think it's possible for both to produce as top-15 WRs this season?
"The son of Bobby Bowden once again proved he's as predictable as a Julia Roberts' movie.

And upon further review, just as sappy, too."
-Naples Daily News
warrick95
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Trying to clog the leaky Bengals defense with plastic putty...

Postby aussieboy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:55 pm

I don't think you can clearly say at this point who is the #1 option in Arizona. Both WR have thier roles on this offense, Boldin is the possesion receiver whilst Fitz is the more athletic deep/red zone threat.

In saying that, I think Fitz will get more fantasy points this season, if that makes him the #1, then so be it.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby NittanyLions » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:05 pm

Its possible to have two top 15s on a team, its been proven but not by a team with Warner. This week seemed like it indicated Fitz is the playmaker that Warner will look for. Boldin still isnt out of the picture but for now I would be more confident in saying Fitz is the guy with double digit receptions
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no2leads » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:14 pm

i also watched entire game, Fitz was primary guy on many more plays, more than just a couple. and he was impressive. he got lit up in garbage time and held onto ball , i was impressed.
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ROSSBUD » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:53 pm

Fitz was drafted by GREEN.....
ROSSBUD
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:46 pm

Boldin on pace for 64/992/0
Fitz on pace for 208/2480/16

It's pretty obvious who most people are gonna say is the #1 WR at this point. Come back in a few weeks...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby lmcjaho » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:21 pm

NittanyLions wrote:Its possible to have two top 15s on a team, its been proven but not by a team with Warner. This week seemed like it indicated Fitz is the playmaker that Warner will look for. Boldin still isnt out of the picture but for now I would be more confident in saying Fitz is the guy with double digit receptions

Wasn't a fantasy football player back then but I do seem to remember something about Holt and Bruce being a pretty nice combo with Warner at the helm Nittany... Or was 3 years ago too far back for you?
;-7
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby CC » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:24 pm

It's really much too early to say.
Obviously based on today's game Fitzgerald looks to be the #1 target in Arizona, but it is only one game and it isn't like Boldin was totally ignored all day.

Arrington was very unimpressive, so it looks like the Cards could be airing the ball out a fair bit which bodes well for both Boldin and Fitzgerald owners.

I have always thought Fitzgerald would be the #1 WR, and said he would have 1200 and 10. I think he showed what he can do today, but you have to take into account that it was only one game and it won't be apparent for a good 3 to 4 weeks.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Oliver Perez » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:04 am

LeRon McCoy came from my college...

Maybe he'll get a chance with an injury... :*) :-b
Oliver Perez, playing fantasy football? Oh yes, it's true.
Oliver Perez
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk