Who is the #1 WR in Arizona? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #1 WR in Arizona?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby tuff_gong » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:56 pm

here's a question, if you believe in all the fitz hype and have an owner who is not on the same page, how heavy do you push to try and acquire fitz? what caliber of a receiver?
tuff_gong
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Carnac » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:58 pm

Green not only drafted Fitz, but if I'm not mistaken is somehow related to him (godparent?). I might be wrong there. Thought I remembered reading something last year. At any rate he is clearly a favorite of his coach and will get his looks.
Golf nut
Carnac
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:53 am

tuff_gong wrote:here's a question, if you believe in all the fitz hype and have an owner who is not on the same page, how heavy do you push to try and acquire fitz? what caliber of a receiver?

You need to show both rosters and scoring rules. Then post it in the trade forum.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby cruiz03 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:11 pm

Way to early for this questions. Fits got some very good numbers, but let's see how he reacts to getting double coverages.

If you saw the game, then it was evident that Boldin was getting doubled for a large portion of the game (as defenses believe him to be the #1 in that offense). If this focus changes, as I expect it to after the game Fitz had, so will the production.

IMO, Fitz's is the #1. I own Boldin and he is a good receiver that will catch anything thrown near him, but Fitz is much more talented in my book.
Keeper Roster:
QB: B. Rothlesburgh, C. Palmer
RB: S. Alexander, L. Johnson,
WR: T. Holt, Burress, M. Clayton, B. Edwards
TE: T. Heap
DT: Steelers

** Superbowl Champion AFFL 2003 & 2005**
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:03 pm

Not forget that the New York Giant's have one of the smallest starting secondaries in the entire league. Basically the perfect matchup for a tall, "jump ball" type WR like Fitzgerald. Remember to play any tall WR against the NYG and you will come out ahead this season IMO.

Will Allen 5'10" 196
William Peterson 6'0" 200
Gibril Wilson 6'0" 197
Brent Alexander 5'11" 200

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3" 221
---

Look for Antonio Gates to light up the scoreboard in week 3. I'm predicting a multiple touchdown game.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:10 pm

I had Fitz ranked above Boldin on my cheatsheet when drafting. I didn't land either because I was higher on Steve Smith and was able to get him in rd 5 in almost every league i drafted in. People do need to consider that alot of Fitz catches were in garbage time but we also need to realize that AZ will more then likely be playing alot of garbage time minutes this year. Fitz is a better deep threat then Boldin which makes him a better garbage time WR. I see Boldin as more of a Burleson type good route running possesion WR which should make him be a better performer in closer games.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:17 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Boldin on pace for 64/992/0
Fitz on pace for 208/2480/16

It's pretty obvious who most people are gonna say is the #1 WR at this point. Come back in a few weeks...

sayyyyy....didn't I take Fitz right after you took Boldin in a money league somewhere?

Weren't you the one talkin smack about Boldin being more experienced, better yada yada yada?

Maybe I'll bookmark this thread for 4 weeks from now. :-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:23 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Not forget that the New York Giant's have one of the smallest starting secondaries in the entire league. Basically the perfect matchup for a tall, "jump ball" type WR like Fitzgerald. Remember to play any tall WR against the NYG and you will come out ahead this season IMO.

Will Allen 5'10" 196
William Peterson 6'0" 200
Gibril Wilson 6'0" 197
Brent Alexander 5'11" 200

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3" 221
---

Look for Antonio Gates to light up the scoreboard in week 3. I'm predicting a multiple touchdown game.

Hmmmmm....so who can cover Fitz?

Ed Reed 5'11"
Dunta Robinson 5'10"
Ronde Barber 5'10"
Troy Polamalu 5'10"
Terrence McGee 5'9"
Nate Clements 6'0"
Marcus Trufant 5'11"
Antoine Winfield 5'9"
Brian Dawkins 5'11"
Dre Bly 5'9"

According to your logic Fitz will score a lot of TDs this year.

I know that you signed Boldin to a 4 year contract and want to make yourself feel better so I will stop now :-°
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:45 pm

Good point Mookie, there aren't many corners in the league (outside of Lenny Walls) that have the size to match up w/ Fitz.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:56 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Boldin on pace for 64/992/0
Fitz on pace for 208/2480/16

It's pretty obvious who most people are gonna say is the #1 WR at this point. Come back in a few weeks...

sayyyyy....didn't I take Fitz right after you took Boldin in a money league somewhere?

Weren't you the one talkin smack about Boldin being more experienced, better yada yada yada?

Maybe I'll bookmark this thread for 4 weeks from now. :-D

I guess you missed the part where I said that Boldin is guaranteed 4 catches and 50 yards minimum week to week, while Fitzgerald is going to have some amazing highs and devastating lows.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk