Who is the #1 WR in Arizona? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #1 WR in Arizona?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:01 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Not forget that the New York Giant's have one of the smallest starting secondaries in the entire league. Basically the perfect matchup for a tall, "jump ball" type WR like Fitzgerald. Remember to play any tall WR against the NYG and you will come out ahead this season IMO.

Will Allen 5'10" 196
William Peterson 6'0" 200
Gibril Wilson 6'0" 197
Brent Alexander 5'11" 200

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3" 221
---

Look for Antonio Gates to light up the scoreboard in week 3. I'm predicting a multiple touchdown game.

Hmmmmm....so who can cover Fitz?

Ed Reed 5'11" Samari Rolle 6'1" 206
Dunta Robinson 5'10" Marcus Coleman 6'2" 210
Ronde Barber 5'10" Juran Boldin 6'3" 210
Troy Polamalu 5'10" weighs 212 pounds
Terrence McGee 5'9" Troy Vincent 6'1" 200
Nate Clements 6'0" weighs 210 pounds, see above
Marcus Trufant 5'11" Michael Bouleware 6'2" 223
Antoine Winfield 5'9" Darren Sharper 6'2" 210
Brian Dawkins 5'11" Michael Lewis 6'1" 222
Dre Bly 5'9" Boss Bailey 6'3" 235

According to your logic Fitz will score a lot of TDs this year.

I know that you signed Boldin to a 4 year contract and want to make yourself feel better so I will stop now :-°

You just pulled a list of all-pros, talent does play a role for some of these guys.. :-° I bolded the big man in their respective secondaries for your reference, to drill into your head how small Giant's defensive backfield. Notice how they are all bigger than 6'0" 200 NYG STRONG SAFETY.

---
My point was that there is not a single "big" guy in the entire Giant's secondary. That is just not the case for most teams in the NFL.. Not like you actually need a tangible reason why Fitz won't perform as well versus Buffalo/Baltimore/Philly/etc.. but there it is.

What do I know, the Giant's defense/secondary had nothing to do with Fitz's 13 catch game right? Fitz is good for 200+ catches this year and is entirely over his inconsistent rookie campaign.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby KolbSaves » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:29 pm

Boss Bailey is NOT going to cover Larry Fitzgerald. LOL.
"It is unworthy of excellent men to lose hours like slaves in the labor of calculation, which could be safely relegated to anyone else if machines were used." - Leibniz
KolbSaves
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:45 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Not forget that the New York Giant's have one of the smallest starting secondaries in the entire league. Basically the perfect matchup for a tall, "jump ball" type WR like Fitzgerald. Remember to play any tall WR against the NYG and you will come out ahead this season IMO.

Will Allen 5'10" 196
William Peterson 6'0" 200
Gibril Wilson 6'0" 197
Brent Alexander 5'11" 200

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3" 221
---

Look for Antonio Gates to light up the scoreboard in week 3. I'm predicting a multiple touchdown game.

Hmmmmm....so who can cover Fitz?

Ed Reed 5'11" Samari Rolle 6'1" 206
Dunta Robinson 5'10" Marcus Coleman 6'2" 210
Ronde Barber 5'10" Juran Boldin 6'3" 210
Troy Polamalu 5'10" weighs 212 pounds
Terrence McGee 5'9" Troy Vincent 6'1" 200
Nate Clements 6'0" weighs 210 pounds, see above
Marcus Trufant 5'11" Michael Bouleware 6'2" 223
Antoine Winfield 5'9" Darren Sharper 6'2" 210
Brian Dawkins 5'11" Michael Lewis 6'1" 222
Dre Bly 5'9" Boss Bailey 6'3" 235

According to your logic Fitz will score a lot of TDs this year.

I know that you signed Boldin to a 4 year contract and want to make yourself feel better so I will stop now :-°

You just pulled a list of all-pros, talent does play a role for some of these guys.. :-° I bolded the big man in their respective secondaries for your reference, to drill into your head how small Giant's defensive backfield. Notice how they are all bigger than 6'0" 200 NYG STRONG SAFETY.

My point was that there is not a single "big" guy in the entire Giant's secondary.

What happened to Giants' FS James Butler 6'3" 210, CB CURTIS DELOATCH 6'2" 217 - they have about as much chance of covering Fitz as your guys Boss Bailey, Michael Lewis and Juran Boldin.

btw, that Gerbil guy is a pretty good playmaker regardless of his size.

Kensat30 wrote: What do I know, the Giant's defense/secondary had nothing to do with Fitz's 13 catch game right? Fitz is good for 200+ catches this year and is entirely over his inconsistent rookie campaign.

It's nice to know that someone can admit that they are wrong. Very big of you Ken. ;-D
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:58 pm

I think people will find out soon that there really isn't anyone who will cover Fitzgerald 1 on 1.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby CC » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:16 pm

Azrael wrote:I think people will find out soon that there really isn't anyone who will cover Fitzgerald 1 on 1.

Amen to that brother. Top 5 WR in 2006.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:30 am

This is a pretty funny thread to me - you can tell who the people are who drafted Boldin from the ones who drafted Fitz.

There were many threads on this topic this offseason and since the consensus was so split on who would have the better yr, the smart money was on the guy who could be had cheaper in a draft.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:40 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:This is a pretty funny thread to me - you can tell who the people are who drafted Boldin from the ones who drafted Fitz.

There were many threads on this topic this offseason and since the consensus was so split on who would have the better yr, the smart money was on the guy who could be had cheaper in a draft.

Amen. I was thrilled when I saw so many people drafting Boldin high, like 4th or 5th round. Just didnt make sense with Larry's talent, and Denny Green's liking to him. I mean Boldin's a good WR, but you dont use a #2 overall on a WR unless you intend for him to be your Moss/Owens/Harrison.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Football Talk