Mike Tice is the worst coach in the history of sports. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Mike Tice is the worst coach in the history of sports.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Tice is the worst coach in the history of sports.

Postby flytrap » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:57 pm

Why the hell couldn't I have been born in Boston or something? Then I could have the redsox and Pats to cheer for. I had to endure horrible years from the t-wolves, twins, and the hockey team will suck. I was hoping the ViQueens would actually eek into the playoffs, but nope, we are stuck with a worse coach than any NAIA or NCAA division 3 team has. WHY THE @#%%$@!@!$%!@##$^@!#^$#!@ DOES THIS MORON HAVE A JOB? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SHOULD BE IN A STRAIGHTJACKET, NOT ON AN NFL SIDELINE!!!

:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
flytrap
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:00 pm

Note Fly does not represent all people from Minnesota. Not all of us are cry babies. But I do understand where you're coming from. Just buck up, it's week one. We are still a power house in our division, so chill out man. If you can withstand the winters you can take this.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:31 pm

Tiki wrote:Note Fly does not represent all people from Minnesota. Not all of us are cry babies. But I do understand where you're coming from. Just buck up, it's week one. We are still a power house in our division, so chill out man. If you can withstand the winters you can take this.

We do hate Tice though.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby VaderFin » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:34 pm

I believe Bears, Dolphins and now Pitt fans have a huge disagrement with that...Wanny = Worst Coach :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:23 am

Did I see right that the Tice-Queens ran 15 times? 15 times? RMFAOLOL! And we're talking about a close game! What an idiot. How long before he gets fired?

15 rushes! And how many by their best RB? Zero. Moore never got the chance! Tice = Brilliant!!!!!!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Plato » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:42 am

Tice reminds me of the saying that we're all doomed to rise to our own level of incompetence.

He should hire a Fantasy Football coach to tell him how to use his runningbacks... ;-D
Plato
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:53 am

tice bugs me and i dont even like the vikings. he ranks second on my list just under holmgren and right above martz.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fishsauce9 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:05 pm

Yeah, i'll agreem Tice sucks. I had both Bennett and Moore, and i actually just dropped Bennett for Moe Williams, believe it or not. I can't see Bennett begin effective at all this year, he just doesn't seem to have a true RB feel for the holes and how to avoid/break teackles. At the same time, i don't necessarily disagree with Tice going with an RBBC because both of this top 2 RBs are banged up. However, i would stay away from the minny RB situation unless something begins opening up for Moore, who i believe to be the best RB on the team.
fishsauce9
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:16 pm

Tice is an idiot - thats a given.

However - he will be the scapegoat for this team this yr, and I seriously doubt the Vikings downfall in 2005 will have very much to do with him at all.

The decision makers simply discounted too much the fact that Moss was this teams offense - he greatly affected the running game and he was the perfect compliment to Cpepp. Now Cpepp will have to play away from his strengths - being able to run in open space and the long pass. Cpepp will be forced into more intermediate and timing routes and reading defenses - things that he has struggled with in the past. The running game will be seriously affected as 2-3 secondary defenders wont be shading deep on every play anymore.

The loss of the OLines anchor and leader - Birk - was also a major blow to this team, and I suspect Tice had very little to do with not having a good enough backup plan as the GM failed to address this situation at all in the preseason (maybe Im wrong on that end - MIN fans - did your GM address this possible issue that Im not aware of?).

Bottom line - yes, Tice is an idiot and will get fired this yr - however the blame once MIN fails to reach the playoffs should be spread up through the organization. They placed too much into Cpepp's hands and failed to recognize his weaknesses.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby klgreen1973 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:54 pm

Man, I agree with all of those that say that Tice is an idiot and possibly the worst coach in the league. As much as I hate Tice, Bennett and Moore are both hurt. I think that by week 4, Moore (if healthy) will be the man in Minny. He is by far the best RB on that team. And all that BS that Moore should come out on third down is straight-up shit. He is the best receiving RB on the team. But.....with Tice in control, red is green and an apple is an orange. ASS back-wards................
klgreen1973
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting