ESPN commentators - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

ESPN commentators

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:32 pm

Keep Patrick. Keep Suzy. That's about it.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:34 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Keep Patrick. Keep Suzy. That's about it.

Maybe Suzy should color commentate or just show up in a bikini all year long.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SuperFly_ffc » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:19 pm

Theisman is terrible.... I loved his comment about the field goal going out the door and two plays later they go for a field goal-

Next he says he hurt his toe and says that Boller is going to be out for a long time- I would love to see Boller back in before the end of the game, although that's probably not going to happen-
SuperFly_ffc
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Agent23 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:38 pm

And, while were at it, bring back Melissa Stark.

And, Lisa Guerrero, but make her wear a thong.

;-D
Agent23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby The_Captain » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:43 pm

Agent23 wrote:

And, while were at it, bring back Melissa Stark.

And, Lisa Guerrero, but make her wear a thong.

;-D

Totally agree! ;-D

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:41 pm

I should totally replace McGuire and Theismann as the announcer on SNF.

As much as I hate them I find it amusing to listen to some of the veiled insults. Like when McGuire told Theismann to shut up (pretty blatant) or when McGuire talked about how Todd Heap hadn't done anything and Theismann said that he changes the game in ways that don't show up in the box score seconds later (rather subtle).
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:38 am

Worst announcer still is John Madden. No one states the obvious better than him. Too bad Pat Summeral doesnt announce anymore. What about bringing Monday and Sunday Night Football to CBS? They have arguably the best announcer corps around.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:08 am

Madden left the announcer booth years ago. He's been mailing it in for longer now then he was ever great.

I pray that some smart exec will come up with an idea that the color guys should study all sorts of facts, factoids, stats, and trivia to use when needed. But above all else they should tell them to knock off the damned prepared commentary.

Just watch the game and tell us why we just saw what we just saw. There will be plenty of time for jokes and spewing of trivia, but please stop the prepared crap. There is nothing I hate more than to hear about how so and so is the best in the league at whatever, while watching them suck.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:15 am

Amen.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Homer J » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:37 am

moochman wrote:Madden left the announcer booth years ago. He's been mailing it in for longer now then he was ever great.

I pray that some smart exec will come up with an idea that the color guys should study all sorts of facts, factoids, stats, and trivia to use when needed. But above all else they should tell them to knock off the damned prepared commentary.

Just watch the game and tell us why we just saw what we just saw. There will be plenty of time for jokes and spewing of trivia, but please stop the prepared crap. There is nothing I hate more than to hear about how so and so is the best in the league at whatever, while watching them suck.

Double Amen, Mooch. Back in the day, I used to mute the TV and listen to Van Miller on WGR-AM in Buffalo while watching the Bills. By and large, the radio guys totally out-do the TV guys -- they have to do ACTUAL color commentary, and they have to know their stuff. And they don't show up in a suit and tie and makeup and play entertainer to pay alimony to their 5 ex-wives. Theismann is definitely the worst. Period.
Homer J
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting