Does Clinton Portis know how to score? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Does Clinton Portis know how to score?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Does Clinton Portis know how to score?

Postby Red Stripe » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:39 pm

I mean come on, 121 yds today against the Bears and doesn't score one TD. He was like this last year, over 1300 yds yet he can only get 5 TD's, I don't really ever get to see many Skins games living where I live so to anyone that watches them, do they even let him touch the ball in the Redzone or do they have like some goalline back.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Constructing a titanium shoulder for Chad Pennington

Postby jblank » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:40 pm

Well they really only got down there once bro, so he didnt have tons of opportunities. He did run for a buck 20 against a VERY stingy Bears D, what did you want 200 yards and 4 td's?
jblank
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Does Clinton Portis know how to score?

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:47 pm

Red Stripe wrote:I mean come on, 121 yds today against the Bears and doesn't score one TD. He was like this last year, over 1300 yds yet he can only get 5 TD's, I don't really ever get to see many Skins games living where I live so to anyone that watches them, do they even let him touch the ball in the Redzone or do they have like some goalline back.

I have a better question...Does Joe Gibbs know how to coach stud RB's? And the simple answer to that is, NO! He's like afraid to run Portis 3 straight times in the red zone, until he does that Clinton wn't be as effective.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Boyakasha » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:09 pm

i'm sorry, but this post sucks. how can you be unhappy about 121 yrds on 21 attempts from clinton today?
Boyakasha
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Red Stripe » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:11 pm

My league rewards TD's pretty big and Portis has been in a TD drought for the last year. Just venting out about it, still kind of bitter because my team sucked this week although I have some great players on it.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bagobonez » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:58 pm

Red Stripe wrote:My league rewards TD's pretty big and Portis has been in a TD drought for the last year. Just venting out about it, still kind of bitter because my team sucked this week although I have some great players on it.

Maybe your mistake was drafting Portis in a TD heavy league. You had to know the REdskins aren't going to get him at the goal-line that often. Of course if you drafted him in Round 3 or 4 or somtehing, then I can't blame you for taking him. But he'll never be a TD machine in that offense.

On another note, don't be too upset about 121 yards. It could be worse, you could have gotten a big fat GOOSE EGG from Mike Anderson like I did.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Red Stripe » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:28 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:My league rewards TD's pretty big and Portis has been in a TD drought for the last year. Just venting out about it, still kind of bitter because my team sucked this week although I have some great players on it.

Maybe your mistake was drafting Portis in a TD heavy league. You had to know the REdskins aren't going to get him at the goal-line that often. Of course if you drafted him in Round 3 or 4 or somtehing, then I can't blame you for taking him. But he'll never be a TD machine in that offense.

On another note, don't be too upset about 121 yards. It could be worse, you could have gotten a big fat GOOSE EGG from Mike Anderson like I did.

Took him 2nd pick of the 3rd round.
Red Stripe
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TaDa » Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:35 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
Took him 2nd pick of the 3rd round.

Then you got a steal ;-D
TaDa