Buy Low/Sell High Candidates... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates...

Postby aussieboy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:44 pm

Time to pick on those nervous owners out there.

Here are my buy low guys:

Culpepper
AJ
DD
Lelie

Sell High:

All the one week wonders.
Jimmy Smith
I wouldnt sell Willie Parker, I think he may have an opporunity to be the starter again as the season progresses.

Any other ideas?
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:06 pm

Definitely Culpepper, Burleson (I think), Davis, maybe even Favre...it was a dome game.

I say you keep Jimmy Smith unless you get some insanely better player for him, like a top 10 guy.

Sell off Roethlisberger if you know a Steelers lover. Any random sleeper guy that went off is always a good sell unless they are the only option for their team. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby s0meguy » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:51 pm

I'm going to wait a week or two of Jamal Lewis splitting carries, then try to trade for him.
Ragin Cajuns on year #4
s0meguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Oliver Perez » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:05 am

Sell high? Wow, Larry Johnson for sure. I'm trying to figure out who to ship him off to in my main league.
Oliver Perez, playing fantasy football? Oh yes, it's true.
Oliver Perez
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BostonBlades » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:13 am

SELL HIGH:
Keenan McCardell - Not going to see nearly as many looks with Gates back next week.
Stephen Davis - Its only a matter of time... Foster will rule again.

BUY LOW:
Culpepper - You know you can find somebody who's T'Od they started him over Bledsoe. Get him!

Hmmm... thought I had more to say...
UPS to bigh0rt for the sig!
BostonBlades
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ricky_Christ » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:24 am

Sell high: S. Davis, but you'd better get some value for him. Barring injury, I don't see him going anywhere soon. Parker if you're in a weak league.

Buy low: C-pep would be a great steal right now, even with Moss gone he'll be a top 5 QB by the end of the year. If you can get him cheap, jump on it. Obviously guys like Dillon or DD would be great grabs too, but unless your league is very weak I can't really see these guys on the block after only one outing.

It would be a big mistake to trade Jimmy Smith at this point. I really think this is his last good year, and unless you're getting a truly elite player, you should hold on to him. Maybe in 3-4 weeks if his value has spiked more it would be something to think about...the timing isn't right for a Jimmy trade yet unless you're projecting him to really bottom out early on.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Buy Low, Sell High

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:44 am

Several tight ends really went off this weekend, most of them probably sitting in free agency/waivers depending on your league's setup. With few tight ends as appealing starts even in mandatory TE leagues, if you have the space to grab any of these guys ahead of the rest of your league, you may have some decent trade bait.

Despite his numbers, I'd suspect that Baker is the least likely to repeat his performance anytime soon. Anderson and Smith will probably continue as legit red zone targets (though Oakland's weapons make it unlikely that Anderson's overall looks in the end zone will come close to what Smith could see.) You might try Baker or Anderson in a quick grab and drop, or stash Smith away until someone realizes that their 1 or 2 points a week from their TE is killing them.

C. Baker, Jets
C. Anderson, Oakland
A. Smith, Tampa Bay
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Re: Buy Low, Sell High

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:09 am

DraftDodger wrote:Several tight ends really went off this weekend, most of them probably sitting in free agency/waivers depending on your league's setup. With few tight ends as appealing starts even in mandatory TE leagues, if you have the space to grab any of these guys ahead of the rest of your league, you may have some decent trade bait.

Despite his numbers, I'd suspect that Baker is the least likely to repeat his performance anytime soon. Anderson and Smith will probably continue as legit red zone targets (though Oakland's weapons make it unlikely that Anderson's overall looks in the end zone will come close to what Smith could see.) You might try Baker or Anderson in a quick grab and drop, or stash Smith away until someone realizes that their 1 or 2 points a week from their TE is killing them.

C. Baker, Jets
C. Anderson, Oakland
A. Smith, Tampa Bay

With Jolley's arrival in New York, we though Baker's role would be limited, at best. I didn't expect that sort of game from him. Then again, in a game where the Jets offense is clicking on all four cylinders, Baker may not figure much at all. In many offensive systems, the tight ends get utilized much more when the stud running back struggles, or when the QB isn't getting the time he needs to find an open wide receiver downfield.

In the leagues I play in, picking someone off the wire and offering that someone in a trade is generally fowned upon. Not so much because of some philosophy to the contrary, but because they likely were on the wire for a good reason.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:47 am

Favre is kinda the guy that comes to mind.. even with that lousy performance yesterday, and J. Walker now being gone for the season.. he's still Brett Favre.. but I'm pretty sure several owners will be pretty anxious about him at his point..

I'm not so sure I'd try to land Andre Johnson though.. Texans looked miserable yesterday, and they struggled the whole preseason and pretty much most of the second half last year.. their offence doesn't take any chances, and I watched the game yesterday and I can't even name who their #2 WR is.. I think I'd try to stay away from the Texans bandwagon this year.. :-o

Willie Parker actually might be a good guy to try to acquire, I can't imagine him going back to the bench full-time after that performance.. maybe try to find someone who's just assuming that and is anxious to sell?.. :-?
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PuntinFool » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:50 am

bdrotoronto wrote:I think I'd try to stay away from the Texans bandwagon this year.. :-o

The Texans have a bandwagon?? If they do it's hurtling down a ravine. ;-)
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk