Buy Low/Sell High Candidates... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Legacy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:56 pm

My sell high is Isaac Bruce. He put up decent pts sunday, but Curtis was targeted 14 times, and Bruce only 6. Sell.
Legacy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 239
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 14 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:00 pm

Legacy wrote:My sell high is Isaac Bruce. He put up decent pts sunday, but Curtis was targeted 14 times, and Bruce only 6. Sell.


Strongly disagree on this one. Bruce is the #1b target for one of the most prolific passing offenses in the NFL. This guy was drafted in a middle round, and he is going to outproduce many people who were picked SEVERAL rounds ahead of him.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby oukurt » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:27 pm

BALCOBOMBER wrote:Don't give away too much for Dom. If you can get him cheap do it but I had him last year and I remember the coaching staff looking to replace him around midseason. With those RBs waiting in the wings and the O-line looking like crap, his chances of getting hurt and/or being replaced are higher.

Just a word of advice.


You do realize Dom Davis was the #1 scoring RB over the 2nd half of last season right? Check the 2nd half splits if you don't believe me. Yeah I am sure they wanted to replace the most productive back going.
Check into some facts before you start making up stories.
oukurt
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 20
Joined: 9 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Owen Field - Norman, Oklahoma

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:21 pm

oukurt wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:Don't give away too much for Dom. If you can get him cheap do it but I had him last year and I remember the coaching staff looking to replace him around midseason. With those RBs waiting in the wings and the O-line looking like crap, his chances of getting hurt and/or being replaced are higher.

Just a word of advice.


You do realize Dom Davis was the #1 scoring RB over the 2nd half of last season right? Check the 2nd half splits if you don't believe me. Yeah I am sure they wanted to replace the most productive back going.
Check into some facts before you start making up stories.


Ok, 16 posts! If you were playing last year you'd remember what I'm talking about. Maybe you didn't read my post, but I had him last year so I know exactly what numbers he produced in the second half. It was the first half that worried me. He was injured for almost half the fantasy season. Last year he had an ankle injury that limited him for the last two weeks of training camp and the first 6 weeks of the year. This year he's already sprained another ankle in the week 3 preseason game. He got stuffed in week 1 and things probably won't go well against Pittsburg in week 2. Oh and they drafted Vernand Morency in the 3rd round of the draft because head coach Dom Capers doesn't have confidence in Dom. Davis to be healthy & productive for an entire season.

You just remember the last stretch of last season when he had some blow up games and forget(or don't know in your case) about the rest. But it's ok, I forgive you. ;-D
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 858
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SECRET LAB

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:27 pm

dude thats a lot of assumptions to be making 497. (sorry, but I wanted to give you a taste). He has a point, why would they try and replace the guy who lit it up last season, and also received a huge contract extension this season. You don't sign someone for 5 years at that price to replace him with a rookie. Capers took morency because he thought he was the best talent at that spot.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 5057
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: At the Mafia Cafe

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:34 pm

I'm just recalling what was happening midway through last season. Davis was hurt, they were expressing feelings of him not being able to get the job done. Wells and Hollings weren't doing shit as replacements and they had serious doubts about Davis as the future back. Then came the second half, Davis earned a contract extension.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 858
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SECRET LAB

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:25 am

This a Great Topic, if for no other reason than all the disagreement just validates it.
Image

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 13587
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Making My List and Checking It Twice...

Postby oukurt » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:40 am

skibrett15 wrote:dude thats a lot of assumptions to be making 497. (sorry, but I wanted to give you a taste). He has a point, why would they try and replace the guy who lit it up last season, and also received a huge contract extension this season. You don't sign someone for 5 years at that price to replace him with a rookie. Capers took morency because he thought he was the best talent at that spot.


ski I couldn't have said it better.
what does the number of my posts have to do with anything? my guess is you have 0 credibility here, balco.
you do have a future in fiction writing though.
oukurt
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

User avatar

Posts: 20
Joined: 9 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Owen Field - Norman, Oklahoma

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:28 am

I don't come here to start crap or to insult people but I take offense to someone telling me to check my facts and that I'm making up stories. Just because you don't remember what I am talking about doesn't mean it didn't happen.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 858
Joined: 8 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: SECRET LAB

Postby clmor » Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:12 am

oukurt wrote:
skibrett15 wrote:dude thats a lot of assumptions to be making 497. (sorry, but I wanted to give you a taste). He has a point, why would they try and replace the guy who lit it up last season, and also received a huge contract extension this season. You don't sign someone for 5 years at that price to replace him with a rookie. Capers took morency because he thought he was the best talent at that spot.


ski I couldn't have said it better.
what does the number of my posts have to do with anything? my guess is you have 0 credibility here, balco.
you do have a future in fiction writing though.


I didn't say anything about the first post but thought I would chime in on this one. You know, I agree with SKI on one simple thing -- that you had a point -- that's where it stops.

A lot of this game is opinion and projections -- if you want on DD nuts over what he did in half a season last year, go ahead -- there are a TON of people who like him. Guess what, there are also a lot of people that DON'T like him due to the team, system, O-line and QB he plays with.

My biggest issue is the shitty tone of your posts -- I don't care how many posts you have but, in the 2 out of 17 I've seen, you have had snide comments in both of them. If that's your debating tactics and ability, just let everyone know and we will then know that your skills for logic and presentation are lacking and you'll just rely on sarcasm and backhanded jabs to fill that void.

To take that one step further, this thread had a specific direction/request -- buy low/sell high candidates -- and you have yet to add anything to the original intent or subsequent content.

Feel free to check my credibility if this post creates any feelings of inadequacy.
clmor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 423
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 9:42 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact