Buy Low/Sell High Candidates... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby caneblood » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:23 pm

BALCOBOMBER wrote:I don't come here to start crap or to insult people but I take offense to someone telling me to check my facts and that I'm making up stories. Just because you don't remember what I am talking about doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As far as I remember, Houston DID make many indications that they would be willing to look elsewhere for a RB (drafting a RB, and last year considering subbing for DD). This offseason I was very confused about that since he has had a GREAT 2 years and accounts for the majority of their red zone looks and touches.

However, at the end of the offseason, Houston gave DD a fat new contract that shows they see the same things others do in him. I think the new contract cements his place as the starter this year so I wouldn't expect a change.

Having said that I think after week 3 his stock will be absolutely lowest of the year. Pitt will be tough and he has a bye week.

Personally I would pick him up since I think he'll have a great season after week 3.
caneblood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:08 pm

caneblood wrote:
BALCOBOMBER wrote:I don't come here to start crap or to insult people but I take offense to someone telling me to check my facts and that I'm making up stories. Just because you don't remember what I am talking about doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As far as I remember, Houston DID make many indications that they would be willing to look elsewhere for a RB (drafting a RB, and last year considering subbing for DD). This offseason I was very confused about that since he has had a GREAT 2 years and accounts for the majority of their red zone looks and touches.

However, at the end of the offseason, Houston gave DD a fat new contract that shows they see the same things others do in him. I think the new contract cements his place as the starter this year so I wouldn't expect a change.

Having said that I think after week 3 his stock will be absolutely lowest of the year. Pitt will be tough and he has a bye week.

Personally I would pick him up since I think he'll have a great season after week 3.

Houston failed miserably trying to find a solid RB(Stacey Mack? / Hollings disaster) so they settled for DDavis. He's not a bad RB, but he doesn't have the skills to carry the team on his back like they want him to.

DDavis has never elevated his game against "tough" defenses" and he usually gets shut down entirely in these matchups. Due to his receiving and goalline ability, Houston is able to use him as their featured RB, although I don't think he is someone you want to build your franchise around like they have.

I'm not knocking DDavis from a fantasy perspective, I think he is a solid RB in that respect. He does have the ability to put up 100+ combined yardage and a score in any given week because of his receiving and goalline ability.... But at the same time his team forcefeeds him the ball relentlessly and their offense is weak because of it.
---

Don't mistake fantasy prowess with actual talent here, DDavis is just an average RB who gets fed the ball in all situations. He will get shut down this week against the solid Pittsburgh defense, just like he got shut down against the solid Buffalo defense. Buy low on this guy, but keep him on your bench against tough defenses.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby skibrett15 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:13 pm

DD will become a huge buy low after this week after another bad game. You can get him real cheap by weathering his bye week plus his schedule will include only 3 tough Ds. Jax twice and Baltimore. Of course another defense will show that they are better than advertised, but his schedule is looking golden.

I would agree that DD isn't that talented, but he has been known to bust a big play and is a more than adequate receiver on that team. Either way, he is still the man there I think and can put up no. 1 numbers against soft defenses.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aussieboy » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:20 am

So anything to add to this thread after week2?

I for one am gonna try and get a hold of Andre Johnson. DD did ok this week so it may be harder to land him now, but give it a go, his schedule over the next coming weeks is sweet.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Paladyr » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:35 am

i strongly disagree about buying cpepp low. I think he's in for a bad year. Next year maybe he'll be able to turn it around.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Team Hollywood » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:38 am

BrutallyHuge wrote:Buy High - L. Fitzgerald.

This guy will be a MONSTER.

Not as long as Boldin, the BETTER wr, is there.
Team Hollywood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:42 am

Team Hollywood wrote:

Why do you think Boldin is the better WR?

Fitz is faster, taller, has better hands, and is Green's protege of sorts. He is also the endzone target.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Team Hollywood » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:48 am

icepak wrote:What ur guy's take on Willie?
I offered someone willie for charles rogers and the guy accepted it already. The speed in which he accepted made me worry a bit

Lol. You traded a potential Stud for a wr that can be found on many free agent lists. Rogers is also stuck with Joey and the pathetic offensive line of the Lions!!

To sum it up, I wish you were in my league!!
Team Hollywood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby clmor » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:11 am

Team Hollywood wrote:
icepak wrote:What ur guy's take on Willie?
I offered someone willie for charles rogers and the guy accepted it already. The speed in which he accepted made me worry a bit

Lol. You traded a potential Stud for a wr that can be found on many free agent lists. Rogers is also stuck with Joey and the pathetic offensive line of the Lions!!

To sum it up, I wish you were in my league!!

You know, I've been posting on this site for awhile and have read it for even longer and I sometimes wonder how people that are VERY new to posting have 2x, 3x, 4x, etc., the amount of posts I have -- then I remember/realize why. When you enter nothing but useless, sensless, derogatary, devisive posts that contain ZERO information that is valuable, it is quite easy to build a post count. Any relation to oukurt who was apparently spawned from the same genetically challenged pool?

As far as actually adding information to the original meaning of this thread, I still stick by (maybe moreso now) my post on page 2 or 3 about Priest being a great buy low guy.

As I was watching the game Sunday night, I heard this strange noise and I couldn't quite place my finger on it until I started thinking about it in a little more detail.

I then realized that sound was a combination of both world wide sighs of Priest owners (without LJ) as Priest went down -- and stayed down along with world wide, outwardly vocal giddiness from LJ owners that didn't have Priest. :)

I think Priest owners are VERY worried right now even with Priest getting up and getting back in the game. It doesn't help that LJ looks incredibly explosive on his carries -- his carries just feel like they could ALL be broken for a big gain.

All this kind of sucks because I am a HUGE fan of Priest from both an NFL perspective -- big UT fan and really like the way he runs -- and from a Fantasy perspective -- we all know why that is...
clmor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Team Hollywood » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:17 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Team Hollywood wrote:

Why do you think Boldin is the better WR?

Fitz is faster, taller, has better hands, and is Green's protege of sorts. He is also the endzone target.

I feel Boldin is stronger and actually has the better hands. Don't get me wrong, Fitz is going to be great, but at this time, I feel Boldin is the better option. When Fitz was the only receiver, he had 780yds and 8 td...Boldin as the only receiver..1377yds 8 tds. IMO, that is the difference.
Team Hollywood
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk