Buy Low/Sell High Candidates... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Low/Sell High Candidates...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:11 pm

Team Hollywood wrote:I feel Boldin is stronger and actually has the better hands. Don't get me wrong, Fitz is going to be great, but at this time, I feel Boldin is the better option. When Fitz was the only receiver, he had 780yds and 8 td...Boldin as the only receiver..1377yds 8 tds. IMO, that is the difference.

TH - I had a feeling you were looking at 2003 as a basis of some kind. Most people who think Boldin is the better WR make the same mistake. 2003 was a fluke yr for Boldin - one he will never repeat. ARI was in such a situation that the combination of the QB they had at the time (Blake), and the fact that they had to play so much catchup ball that yr and that Boldin was the only downfield threat, made Boldin a fantasy god. Neither of those situations will be duplicated since Blake is now in CHI and ARI actually has an average D this yr so they wont play as much catchup - also the fact that Fitz is there virtually guarantees Boldin will never repeat.

The thing is - last yr Boldin did play in 10 games once he returned healthy. Now one could argue he wasnt fully healthy - but then again, neither was Fitz - as he was playing on a bad ankle and it was his rookie season as well. So - all things being about equal - during those 10 games they both played together last yr, Boldin was on pace to put up less than 1000 yds and 2 TDs had he played all 16, and Fitz found the EZ 5 times while Boldin played oposite him.

Also - as far as talent is concerned, Fitz was widely considered by most NFL scouts as one of the best WRs to enter the NFL in a while while Boldin was a late 2nd rd draft pick. I dont have the time trials in front of me, but Im pretty sure Fitz is faster, he is obviously taller, and since hands cannot be measured very accurately, I'll defer to the scouts.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk