I hate that stupid Stover - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I hate that stupid Stover

Moderator: Football Moderators

I hate that stupid Stover

Postby Explicitpunk001 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:38 pm

ok, so i'm tied 53-53 all because Stover missed 3 field goals. I lucked out by him gettin the PAT at the end :-° but seriously, he couldnt make just one FG? :-# the fact that Edge didn't do anything for me either doesnt really help. And to top it all off I didn't start LJ but put Tiki in. :-/
Explicitpunk001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I hate that stupid Stover

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:41 pm

Explicitpunk001 wrote:ok, so i'm tied 53-53 all because Stover missed 3 field goals. I lucked out by him gettin the PAT at the end :-° but seriously, he couldnt make just one FG? :-# the fact that Edge didn't do anything for me either doesnt really help. And to top it all off I didn't start LJ but put Tiki in. :-/

I made the mistake of sitting LJ too. Fool me once...shame on me. Fool me twi.....that's not gonna happen cause he's in my lineup from now on. ;-D :-b
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby CC » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:42 pm

jh2031 wrote:
Explicitpunk001 wrote:ok, so i'm tied 53-53 all because Stover missed 3 field goals. I lucked out by him gettin the PAT at the end :-° but seriously, he couldnt make just one FG? :-# the fact that Edge didn't do anything for me either doesnt really help. And to top it all off I didn't start LJ but put Tiki in. :-/

I made the mistake of sitting LJ too. Fool me once...shame on me. Fool me twi.....that's not gonna happen cause he's in my lineup from now on. ;-D :-b

He's going to fool you 15 more times then because starting a backup is a poor idea.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:49 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
jh2031 wrote:

He's going to fool you 15 more times then because starting a backup is a poor idea.

Yeah, cause he's just sucked this first game and the end of last season. I guess scoring TD's is overrated in Fantasy Football or somethin? Plus, he's my best option at Flex. Because i have Foster, Burress, Chambers, and Henry...soooooo, he's my best option.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby CC » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:51 pm

If he is the starter (like the end of last season) it would be stupid to bench him, but starting a RB that is likely to max. out at around 10 touches a game is a poor decision because it is very unlikely that he will put up the numbers he did today on that limited amount of touches. He will probably end up giving you 50 yards a game and a touchdown every 2nd or 3rd game.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:53 pm

Might not have to worry about it cause i'm in a trade discussion that would have me possibly getting Stephen Jackson...so, LJ would be on my bench again. ;-D
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:17 am

At the risk of angering the Hampster, I hate Stover too. Heck, I have to try and think if there is any good reason not to cut his sorry

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:11 am

In one of my match-ups this week I lost by 6 points, and had Stover and Jermaine Wiggins starting.... For those of you who aren't keeping up, that's:

3 missed FG's and 2 long TD passes called back.....

:-t

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Explicitpunk001 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:04 am

I just ended up dropping Stover and picked up Carney. Kickers are a dime a dozen but I have no faith in 3 missed field goals.
Explicitpunk001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:51 am

Stover does have a very nice match-up next week. mmm Titans.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting