I hate that stupid Stover - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

I hate that stupid Stover

Moderator: Football Moderators

I hate that stupid Stover

Postby Explicitpunk001 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:38 pm

ok, so i'm tied 53-53 all because Stover missed 3 field goals. I lucked out by him gettin the PAT at the end :-° but seriously, he couldnt make just one FG? :-# the fact that Edge didn't do anything for me either doesnt really help. And to top it all off I didn't start LJ but put Tiki in. :-/
Image
Explicitpunk001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 200
Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A crappy state with no football team

Re: I hate that stupid Stover

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:41 pm

Explicitpunk001 wrote:ok, so i'm tied 53-53 all because Stover missed 3 field goals. I lucked out by him gettin the PAT at the end :-° but seriously, he couldnt make just one FG? :-# the fact that Edge didn't do anything for me either doesnt really help. And to top it all off I didn't start LJ but put Tiki in. :-/


I made the mistake of sitting LJ too. Fool me once...shame on me. Fool me twi.....that's not gonna happen cause he's in my lineup from now on. ;-D :-b
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3595
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....Awaiting our next Super Bowl

Re: I hate that stupid Stover

Postby CC » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:42 pm

jh2031 wrote:
Explicitpunk001 wrote:ok, so i'm tied 53-53 all because Stover missed 3 field goals. I lucked out by him gettin the PAT at the end :-° but seriously, he couldnt make just one FG? :-# the fact that Edge didn't do anything for me either doesnt really help. And to top it all off I didn't start LJ but put Tiki in. :-/


I made the mistake of sitting LJ too. Fool me once...shame on me. Fool me twi.....that's not gonna happen cause he's in my lineup from now on. ;-D :-b


He's going to fool you 15 more times then because starting a backup is a poor idea.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Re: I hate that stupid Stover

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:49 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
jh2031 wrote:
Explicitpunk001 wrote:ok, so i'm tied 53-53 all because Stover missed 3 field goals. I lucked out by him gettin the PAT at the end :-° but seriously, he couldnt make just one FG? :-# the fact that Edge didn't do anything for me either doesnt really help. And to top it all off I didn't start LJ but put Tiki in. :-/


I made the mistake of sitting LJ too. Fool me once...shame on me. Fool me twi.....that's not gonna happen cause he's in my lineup from now on. ;-D :-b


He's going to fool you 15 more times then because starting a backup is a poor idea.


Yeah, cause he's just sucked this first game and the end of last season. I guess scoring TD's is overrated in Fantasy Football or somethin? Plus, he's my best option at Flex. Because i have Foster, Burress, Chambers, and Henry...soooooo, he's my best option.
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3595
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....Awaiting our next Super Bowl

Postby CC » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:51 pm

If he is the starter (like the end of last season) it would be stupid to bench him, but starting a RB that is likely to max. out at around 10 touches a game is a poor decision because it is very unlikely that he will put up the numbers he did today on that limited amount of touches. He will probably end up giving you 50 yards a game and a touchdown every 2nd or 3rd game.
Image
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 11079
Joined: 30 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House.

Postby jh2031 » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:53 pm

Might not have to worry about it cause i'm in a trade discussion that would have me possibly getting Stephen Jackson...so, LJ would be on my bench again. ;-D
jh2031
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 3595
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA....Awaiting our next Super Bowl

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:17 am

At the risk of angering the Hampster, I hate Stover too. Heck, I have to try and think if there is any good reason not to cut his sorry
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:11 am

In one of my match-ups this week I lost by 6 points, and had Stover and Jermaine Wiggins starting.... For those of you who aren't keeping up, that's:

3 missed FG's and 2 long TD passes called back.....

:-t
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Explicitpunk001 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:04 am

I just ended up dropping Stover and picked up Carney. Kickers are a dime a dozen but I have no faith in 3 missed field goals.
Image
Explicitpunk001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 200
Joined: 23 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A crappy state with no football team

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:51 am

Stover does have a very nice match-up next week. mmm Titans.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows


Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:59 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact