Does the big DAYNE have any value???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Does the big DAYNE have any value????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:52 pm

Picked him up in the Cafe Challenge. Chris Brown is my 2nd back, I don't have much to work with.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:09 pm

Can't say I blame anyone for riding out Anderson or Bell is they have him, but it's getting a bit cloudy right now in Denver with Dayne running so well. Maybe in a few weeks I'll eat crow and have to admit I was being unrealistically optimistic about Dayne, but I'm a true believer right now. Week four, the Ron Dayne experience will come full circle.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:32 pm

I had Anderson as a 12th round keeper going into the year so I had to keep him but Bell went off the board before I was ready to commit. Last week I picked up Dayne thinking Bell really hurt his chances of ever being the featured back in Denver due to many missed goalline opportunities and it looks like that may have paid off.

Now the Bell owner is trying to get *anything* for Bell in a trade where he was thinking he was going to get my #2 WR just two weeks ago.

;-D

I'm not exactly on the Ron Dayne bandwagon, but I could care less if it's him or Anderson, just as long as one of them emerges.

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:42 pm

awwchrist wrote:Screw it. Anderson's my horse in this race. I'm not sacrificing any other roster spots on this crap.
Precisely what I was thinking. How many roster spots do you really want to use on these guys? I think the move is back who you are going to back, stick with it and hope he goes.

BTW, methinks that Tatum Bell may not be the long term answer there. Too bad Clarett didn't try just a little bit harder, he could've been steering the ship there soon.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:34 pm

I think Bell is going to end up getting phased out in this race. Not sure if he was still hurt or what but they went right to Dayne on the last drive. Plus the fact that he took them right down the field after Anderson struggled all game doesn't look good for Bell either.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:42 pm

Without the benefit of hindsight, I'd say no, but after watching Droughns emerge last season despite starting the season as the 3rd or 4th back, why not? I grabbed him in one of my leagues.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:26 am

Bell appears to be finished in the race. He was downgraded to kick return duty and he tweaked an ankle on Sunday.

Combine Bell's ineffectiveness and lack of durability, with Anderson's inability to move the chains and fumblitis, and Dayne's steamrolling of a pretty good san diego run defense in the 4th quarter, and I think its very reasonable to assume that Dayne could emerge as the clear #1 against the chiefs on sunday.
QB - Manning, Ben Roth, Campbell
RB - Henry, T Jones, D Ward, B-Jax, Betts, B Jacobs, Selvin Young
WR - Lee Evans, Colston, Driver, Cotchery, Brandon Marshall
TE - Heap
K - Elam
DEF - Chicago
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby footballchick23 » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:28 am

Sounds like the ever-changing wheel o' running backs is turning again in Denver. So if/when Anderson and Dayne get stuffed by KC, will Bell's stock rise again?....I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby houstonoilers » Tue Sep 20, 2005 4:45 pm

should I start dayne if this is my backup
portis bye
shipp - possibilities
c brown
willie parker- shoe in

gamble dayne or go with shipp or sneak in brown
houstonoilers
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:32 pm

Drink the juice known as Ron Dayne. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk