Interesting lack of 'Production' - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Interesting lack of 'Production'

Moderator: Football Moderators

Interesting lack of 'Production'

Postby dan61psu » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:31 pm

As I glanced through the stats and scores from my leagues' fantasy scores, I couldnt help but notice the seeming unproductiveness of alot of big-time RBs this first week (with a few exceptions). Not to say they didnt help their teams or get some points, but it just seemed like low fantasy prodcution from alot of RBs this week.

I have below all the Rush Yards and TDs for each RB who got in the end zone this week (not including tonight's game, obviously). Bolded are the guys who probably went in the first round of most fantasy drafts (or high in the second round).

Anybody else notice this seeming lack of TD scoring from alot of stud backs this week? Even the guys who did score...seems like a smallish number of points production with a standard scoring system.

Anyone know if this happened last year? Is there a trend starting with all the pass-wacky offenses in the NFL today?

NAME Rush Yds TDs
D. McAllister 64 2

C. Dillon 63 2

L. Johnson 110 2

B. Jacobs 39 1

R. Johnson 126 1

J. Jones 93 1

S. Davis 81 1

V. Haynes 33 1

L. Tomlinson 72 1

T. Jones 31 1

W. Parker 161 1

K. Barlow 22 1

C. Williams 148 1

P. Holmes 85 1

T. Barber 62 1

S. Morris 14 1

Food for thought, nothing else. I see it as something worth watching.
dan61psu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby TN_Titans_05 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:58 pm

Man I am right there with you!! I was bummed when LT KJones and SJax didnt really do much for me at all when I was expecting some BIG points. So I went to our list of running back and looked at the points they all scored and was suprised at the lack of production you are talking about.

I am not expecting this to continue.....its the first week, O's have to get in rhythm im saying. ;-D
TN_Titans_05
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting