Robert Fergueson-Impact player or bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Robert Fergueson-Impact player or bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Robert Fergueson-Impact player or bust?

Postby sleepers3 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:18 pm

How well do you think Fergueson will do now that he has his chance to start?Any predictions?
Dominick Davis 1500 yards you watch!!!!
sleepers3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mr Tan » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:36 pm

Bump... Im curious as well. Just picked him up after the loss of Walker.
Mr Tan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Steve-o » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:38 pm

I could see him being a very decent #2 option for the Packers and a good #3 WR for a fantasy team.

Most people don't realize this, but he had off season surgery. Nothing physical, but on his eyes. This guy has been plagued by migraines and all kinds of headaches throughout his career and they finally solved the problem, correcting his vision. The guy is very strong and can be a great possession receiver. Big, big upgrade imo.
Steve-o
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mweir145 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:40 pm

With Favre feeding him the ball, I don't see any reason why he couldn't be an impact player in the environment he is in right now.
mweir145
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby PBRmeASAP » Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:04 pm

I think he's worth it. Favre will bounce back and it looks like the Packers will be thowing plenty of passes. Plenty of them will go to Fergy. He's a viable #3 or #4 on your roster.
PBRmeASAP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MadMobius » Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:34 am

is worth a pickup over Keary Colbert or Tyrone Calico? assuming that GB will be losing a lot and passing a lot...
MadMobius
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 10:25 am

Fergueson is a lock for 1,000+ yards barring injury IMO. Favre gets WRs the ball and Fergueson is good enough to produce. He has had some injury problems, but this guy does have some skills. Definitely the premiere waiver wire WR after week 1. I would not hesitate to pick him up unless you already owned Donald Driver.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Challie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:10 am

You think he's worth using your high waiver wire priority/spot?
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:41 pm

I don't think he will be huge but being a #2 on GB is definitely better then being a number two on 50% of the other teams in the league. The problem is going to be that GB is one of the worst teams in the league. The o-line is pathetic and Favre is going to get beat into retirement all year. Luckily they also have one of the worst D's in the league so Favre (when not on his butt) will be airing the ball out bigtime. Good #4 WR IMO.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:12 pm

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:I don't think he will be huge but being a #2 on GB is definitely better then being a number two on 50% of the other teams in the league. The problem is going to be that GB is one of the worst teams in the league. The o-line is pathetic and Favre is going to get beat into retirement all year. Luckily they also have one of the worst D's in the league so Favre (when not on his butt) will be airing the ball out bigtime. Good #4 WR IMO.

Excellent analysis, and a damn fine choice of beer as well.

I wouldn't use my #1 priority on him, but he's probably a better option than Calico or Colbert until Favre gets hurt.

I thought it was interesting that Koren Robinson chose to re-sign with the Vikings and be the #5 WR on a team deep with WR's than to sign with the Packers.

I'm glad he chose the Vikes, but damn! He could easily start there at some point this year, and actually might not be a bad pairing with Walker for next year. For a guy in K-Rob's position just being able to say 'Brett Favre threw to me' would be more of an accomplishment than anything he has done on the field. Something to tell the grandkids at least.

Plus, he'd have Favre as a drinkin' buddy.

Like I said, I'm glad he chose the purple, but I think I would have jumped Viking ship and held my nose for a year or two in cheeseland.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk