Robert Fergueson-Impact player or bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Robert Fergueson-Impact player or bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Challie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:23 pm

DGroundhog wrote:I thought it was interesting that Koren Robinson chose to re-sign with the Vikings and be the #5 WR on a team deep with WR's than to sign with the Packers. I'm glad he chose the Vikes, but damn! He could easily start there at some point this year, and actually might not be a bad pairing with Walker for next year ... Like I said, I'm glad he chose the purple, but I think I would have jumped Viking ship and held my nose for a year or two in cheeseland.

Personally, I'm tipping my cap to K-Rob and his agent Alvin Keels. In a Drew Rosenhaus era where sports agents really are the bottom of the ethical barrel, I think Team Koren should get some respect for honoring their commitment to the Vikes with the promise to be release & then re-sign to save MIN a big cap hit.

They likely could have slimed out of it & gotten a higher bid from a desperate Packers front office, but they actually lived up to their word when most agents & players don't even like to live up to their written contracts.

Who knows, maybe there's more to it than that, probably is. But I'm going to prefer to think they did the right thing.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DGroundhog » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:27 pm

Challie wrote:Personally, I'm tipping my cap to K-Rob and his agent Alvin Keels. In a Drew Rosenhaus era where sports agents really are the bottom of the ethical barrel, I think Team Koren should get some respect for honoring their commitment to the Vikes with the promise to be release & then re-sign to save MIN a big cap hit.

They likely could have slimed out of it & gotten a higher bid from a desperate Packers front office, but they actually lived up to their word when most agents & players don't even like to live up to their written contracts.

Who knows, maybe there's more to it than that, probably is. But I'm going to prefer to think they did the right thing.

I see that point. I was one of the few who were defending the signing originally. He has said and done the right things so far, perhaps this is another positive sign that he has a path ahead of him and wants to stick to it. I have heard one reason he wants to be in MN is Hazeltine is a premier rehab facility, and he may be seeking longer term assistance than the 28-day program he completed (very good sign if true).

You're probably right in pointing out that it is a positive for Koren righting himself in a player before person business.

I'm just saying that as a Viking fan, that had to be a tempting call to say no to. It's not like he would have to abandon the road to recovery. I hope his decision works out for him. It looks like he passed up a great opportunity, probably to ensure continued recovery in an environment he is comfortable in.
DGroundhog
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Gang Green » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:04 pm

Would you drop Kevin Curtis to pick up Robert Ferguson?
Gang Green
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby skibrett15 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:45 pm

no. i wouldn't drop one chance player for another so early in the year.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby iloveny18 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:16 am

just picked up furgy. I think he'll actually do not bad. Maybe a little inconsistent, but not bad as a 3rd reciever. If you think about it, this is his one chance to succeed, the pack will have to pass alot and best of all, all the attention's going to driver since they know he's favre's favorite target.
iloveny18
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Retet » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:22 am

Robert Fergeson: "Impact player or Bust"?

My response: Neither. He'll be spot fantasy starter, have a few good games, more bad games, and a lot of so-so games.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Heavyg25 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:22 pm

DGroundhog wrote:
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot wrote:I don't think he will be huge but being a #2 on GB is definitely better then being a number two on 50% of the other teams in the league. The problem is going to be that GB is one of the worst teams in the league. The o-line is pathetic and Favre is going to get beat into retirement all year. Luckily they also have one of the worst D's in the league so Favre (when not on his butt) will be airing the ball out bigtime. Good #4 WR IMO.

Excellent analysis, and a damn fine choice of beer as well.

I wouldn't use my #1 priority on him, but he's probably a better option than Calico or Colbert until Favre gets hurt.

I thought it was interesting that Koren Robinson chose to re-sign with the Vikings and be the #5 WR on a team deep with WR's than to sign with the Packers.

I'm glad he chose the Vikes, but damn! He could easily start there at some point this year, and actually might not be a bad pairing with Walker for next year. For a guy in K-Rob's position just being able to say 'Brett Favre threw to me' would be more of an accomplishment than anything he has done on the field. Something to tell the grandkids at least.

Plus, he'd have Favre as a drinkin' buddy.

Like I said, I'm glad he chose the purple, but I think I would have jumped Viking ship and held my nose for a year or two in cheeseland.

I dissagree, I think K-rob has a better chance at being "the man" with the vikings then he does in green bay.
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk