BEST defenses - Week 2 - Formula results !!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

BEST defenses - Week 2 - Formula results !!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vanter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 12:54 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Blueberries wrote:I have both Wash. and Dallas and i really have a hard time choosing for their matchup against each other.
Washington has a better D, but a very poor offense. Tough call.

When making this call, I think you gotta go with the home team... In this case, it'll be Dallas....

I fear that Demarcus Ware is going to give Patrick Ramsey a lot more than a sore neck....

I thought that Brunell was named the starter, but I could be wrong. Either way, Ware has looked like a monster and which ever is starting should be expecting a sore neck after the game.

Plindsey - What do you think about picking up Detroit's DEF against Chicago for week 2? Or would Dallas be a better option? Thanks in advance.
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vanter » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:00 pm

Ok - So I finally went back I read the rest of the postings on this thread. I think that I will start DET this week, but I am still curious about your opinion between these two DEFs (DAL vs. DET).
Vanter
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:01 pm

Vanter wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Blueberries wrote:I have both Wash. and Dallas and i really have a hard time choosing for their matchup against each other.

When making this call, I think you gotta go with the home team... In this case, it'll be Dallas....

I fear that Demarcus Ware is going to give Patrick Ramsey a lot more than a sore neck....

I thought that Brunell was named the starter, but I could be wrong. Either way, Ware has looked like a monster and which ever is starting should be expecting a sore neck after the game.

Plindsey - What do you think about picking up Detroit's DEF against Chicago for week 2? Or would Dallas be a better option? Thanks in advance.

I stand corrected.... You are right.... Brunell is starting.... Which, IMO, is even better for the Dallas defense.... Brunell is an even easier target than Bledsoe.... Look for their to be a total of 10 sacks between the two defenses playing Monday night....

That having been said, I think Detroit is a better play than either Washington or Dallas.... ESPECIALLY in leagues that award points to the defense for special teams TD's.... I think Eddie Drummond takes one to the house in this one....

Personally, I am playing Detroit as my D in two leagues, and taking Indy as a flyer in a third....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:03 pm

Vanter wrote:Ok - So I finally went back I read the rest of the postings on this thread. I think that I will start DET this week, but I am still curious about your opinion between these two DEFs (DAL vs. DET).

It will be a sack-fest for Dallas, but I don't smell too many turnovers....

In Chicago, you can expect fewer sacks but more turnovers as the rookie tries to keep up with a reborn Detroit offense....

In all of my leagues, turnovers score double the points that sacks do, so I am playing Detroit over Dallas...

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby S2 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:57 pm

cnatch22 wrote:Plindsey is the second coming of football jesus

Who is the first coming of football Jesus?
S2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby S2 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:59 pm

devius wrote:had a guy drop new england def in my league. what are your impressions of them? they still a top 3 def with the losts they had in the offseason?

They are a solid top 5. I'm sure the players they lost will hurt them some, but it's the Patriots so I would still expect them to be scrappy and pick up turnovers, plus their offense is solid.
S2
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:59 pm

S2 wrote:

I'm gonna go with Sammy Baugh on this one....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:16 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
S2 wrote:

I'm gonna go with Sammy Baugh on this one....

Nice ;-D ;-D

Though, I don't agree with you Brunell assesment, He's looked pretty good on roll outs and has scrambled pretty good.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:11 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Vanter wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

I stand corrected.... You are right.... Brunell is starting.... Which, IMO, is even better for the Dallas defense.... Brunell is an even easier target than Bledsoe.... Look for their to be a total of 10 sacks between the two defenses playing Monday night....

That having been said, I think Detroit is a better play than either Washington or Dallas.... ESPECIALLY in leagues that award points to the defense for special teams TD's.... I think Eddie Drummond takes one to the house in this one....

Personally, I am playing Detroit as my D in two leagues, and taking Indy as a flyer in a third....

First off, Plindsey, you Rule. Thank You very much for not only taking the time to compile all the data and run it through your 11 secret herbs and spices (even after only 1 week) but also for takin' the time to share your insights. ;-D

I may have to disagree with you about Brunell though. If he's as rededicated and performed as well in the preseason as I've been led to believe, he might be a better option for the 'Skins. At any rate I expect a pretty low-scorin' affair betwwen the 'Skins and 'Boys, with not many of the Turnovers that we fantasy lovers crave from our defenses.

I totally agree that the Lions are a solid play, and I also agree that the Indy D is a sneaky play this week that may net a good deal of points. (I know it was the Ratbirds last week, but that D was FLYIN' to the Ball).

Once Again, Thanx for the Rankings. (Stupid Rams Last Week, Stupid Martz, Stupid Me for Drinkin' the Kool-Aid, Stupid Niners for not stinking, grumble grumble grumble... ;-7 )

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:49 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Vanter wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

I may have to disagree with you about Brunell though. If he's as rededicated and performed as well in the preseason as I've been led to believe, he might be a better option for the 'Skins. At any rate I expect a pretty low-scorin' affair betwwen the 'Skins and 'Boys, with not many of the Turnovers that we fantasy lovers crave from our defenses.

As much as I hate to say it, you might be right.... Brunell might be slightly better than Ramsey, but I don't think that makes Dallas any worse of a play this week.... The Skins' offense is still pretty anemic....

Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk